DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Test flight and clip editing

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I'm still learning about flying, shooting video and editing, along with learning Litchi, so I did a test flight. This is the first time I shot in D-Log H265 and wanted to see what I could do with it. It was a 4 minute flight with long periods of straight flight, and probably too high overall. I watched a tutorial the other night as to how to compress time in longer clips and went with what I remembered.

The subject is a local attraction that burned down two years ago and is now under reconstruction. While I would have preferred to have a finished building to film, it served its purpose. Having never shot digital video before I'm still experimenting with transitions, but I decided to use only jump cuts. Would a dissolve or fades have worked better? How does the color look to you? I don't own a 4k or HDR monitor yet so at this moment I'm limited to how much I can critique my own stuff in terms of sharpness and detail. Anything else you see? What about image quality, sharpness, etc? Edited in DaVinci Resolve. Below also find the video settings if that can help me get better renderings. TIA

DaVinci Resolve test clip

1598553469540.png

Last edited:
I don't have the skills to comment on video production. I"ll leave that to others..but what takes place at that attraction. Curious minds have to know :)

I don't have the skills to comment on video production. I"ll leave that to others..but what takes place at that attraction. Curious minds have to know :)

I don't know. It's just a curiosity. The Onan family built it as a private residence in 1977, but since have turned it into a museum/attraction. I have never personally been interested in visiting it. I don't see the draw. Maybe I've missed something? I think I've glanced at it from the nearby highway as I would drive by heading toward Wisconsin. It looks like they've installed a big ugly parking lot in front, which I think takes away from what the structure could be. It looks a little freak-show like IMO.

I guess the one question I have is if the "video monitoring" setup specs have anything to do with the quality of render?

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
@vindibona1 I'm not sure if this is still relevant or not but I'll give you an answer anyway.

Your video as i just watched was really good quality other then when you went 2x zoom.

So to answer your Questions:

Would a dissolve or fades have worked better? I'd say no, I really liked how you did the video, it worked with the music as well which is another bonus.

How does the color look to you? Color looks really good! Though the trees on the horizon look abit to blue.

I don't own a 4k or HDR monitor yet so at this moment I'm limited to how much I can critique my own stuff in terms of sharpness and detail. Anything else you see? At timestamp 50sec-55sec you have some glare on your camera always good to look at for that. I also would try and end the video not zoomed and preferably looking at say the horizon or something other then just green.

What about image quality, sharpness, etc? Was really good all-round video!

Now for settings in DaVinci I'm still new at using it.

Hopefully That helps!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne