DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

test flight at low altitude allowed ?

francois

Reactions
Hi,

I have just received my mavic and am keen to start using and was wondering if I could try it out in my communal garden (central london) at low altitude (i.e. no more than 2 m). There will be no one in a 15 m perimeter.

Do you think there is any risk ?

Thanks,

Reactions: dirkclod
If you're new to DJI drones, it would be best to start out in a wide open area that is free of all obstacles (and people).

Reactions: frankiez and Kilrah
The first (and best thing) to understand is; there's always some risk. The key is to minimise it.

I would say stick with the simulator until you can get somewhere that you actually feel comfortable flying - if you were comfortable doing it in the communal garden, you wouldn't feel the need to ask.

Would it be safe? Probably. Even moreso if you agree with the housing association (or other body that monitors the garden) ahead of time and notify residents. They may flat-out refuse you, however, as is their right.

And 15 meters is really not a lot of room, the Mavic can cover that in less than a second if it wants too, make sure you can get excellent GPS.
Regards,
-d.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143