DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing out Dronelink app, but can't take off.

LakeWorthB

Reactions
So I am trying out dronelink on my MM, as it seems I can fly without purchasing license without the mission planning stuff. First overall question is I can't find any documentation or overall video that explains what all the app interface is. Such as the various icons on top row, and the other elements. In my case specifically I get the message "Unable to takeoff" which I am guessing is due to needing DJI flysafe authorization, but don't see a way to do that in app. Also I have a red signal type indicator next to GPS which I am not sure what it is.

Thanks.

Only a guess on my part since I have neither a Mini or Dronelink yet (waiting for it to come out of Beta), I can only make educated guesses. As I recall, the control apps require you to open the Fly app first if you are in controlled airspace that requires approval and unlock it from there. Then you should be able to take off. The red GPS signal may just be it hasn't been able to get a good lock on satellites yet. My Air 2 has been seeming to take longer to acquire satellites than normal lately, even flying from the same area as before.

So I am trying out dronelink on my MM, as it seems I can fly without purchasing license without the mission planning stuff. First overall question is I can't find any documentation or overall video that explains what all the app interface is. Such as the various icons on top row, and the other elements. In my case specifically I get the message "Unable to takeoff" which I am guessing is due to needing DJI flysafe authorization, but don't see a way to do that in app. Also I have a red signal type indicator next to GPS which I am not sure what it is.

Thanks.
As far as I know, Dronelink does not have a written user manual, but online documentation in the form of instructional videos that explain various aspects of the program and the interface. I highly recommend you view some of these before you try it out with your MM. The interface takes a different approach to the typical flight apps so its a good idea to become familiar with it before using it.

If you are flying in an area that requires you to unlock in the DJI fly app, then you will need to do so first in the Fly app before you launch in Dronelink. Also note that basic flight safety parameters (RTH height, signal loss, etc.) are set in the Fly app beforehand, not in Dronelink. Dronelink also does not have Auto Takeoff and Auto Land functions so these are things to be aware of.

Dronelink is an extremely powerful app that allows you to do things with your MM that are not possible in the stock app but there are limitations that you need to be aware of before you start using it - most of which are covered in the instructional videos on the Dronelink web site. Also, there is a user forum that is active, and questions are answered usually within hours of your post from the developers of the app.

I have used Dronelink on a MM (when I had one briefly) and currently use it on my Phantom 3 Standard and Spark regularly. I have found it to be an excellent app and well worth the price I paid for it.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair