DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing the Titan Tactical Ground Station with a DJI Mavic Pro

abwRN

Reactions
Hey guys..Here is some rudimentary test flights using the Antennas included with the Titan case. It's a nice setup and a KILLER case for field work. I have some different whip Antennas coming that I will also be trying out so stay tuned. Please keep the "I am affiliated with Titan" comments to yourself..I'm not..This is just some REAL testing by a REAL customer. I am also going to try out the Maxx system so stay tuned!

I am waiting for some new 12dpi whips to test out as well..Anyone know of any other Antennas I could try. The fun is in the experiment!

Well, This thread seems dead so I will stop adding to it soon..Anyway, I tested the 12dpi whips and they were roughly the same as the whips that came with the case. Maybe a little less..4200. Feet...I talked with Jake at Maxx and ordered his Maxx Range with two custom cables by wifi expert. I am going to hook it to the case and test it out next. If the thread picks up any interest, I will post the test..

Idk, It seems like a little over kill, Someone could make a case like that on the cheap on their own. I feel like the antenna's aren't really needed. You could get one of them 30 dollar hard cases on amazon and then put a magnet on the inside of the lid and then there you go. Am I wrong?

Hey guys..Here is some rudimentary test flights using the Antennas included with the Titan case. It's a nice setup and a KILLER case for field work. I have some different whip Antennas coming that I will also be trying out so stay tuned. Please keep the "I am affiliated with Titan" comments to yourself..I'm not..This is just some REAL testing by a REAL customer. I am also going to try out the Maxx system so stay tuned!

Setting up a YouTube channel and making your first video to make a Titan Drone commercial it's pretty obvious to me that you're "helping" or "working" for a buddy.

No offense but all this test proved is that this case is a lot of money for little to no gains. To not get a mile while boosted even in the trees isn't very good.

Lastly, I couldn't tell but it looked to me like you were hot swapping your antennas? That's a huge no no.

Again all my opinion. It's just weird you setup a Chanel and that's the only videos you've made?

Anyway if I'm wrong.. thanks. I was considering buying one a while ago. The case is cool. But not being able to point the antennas is really a bad design.

Idk, It seems like a little over kill, Someone could make a case like that on the cheap on their own. I feel like the antenna's aren't really needed. You could get one of them 30 dollar hard cases on amazon and then put a magnet on the inside of the lid and then there you go. Am I wrong?

It is actually a really nice case. The fit and finish of it are second to none. But it is at the end of the day, very expensive.

I don't believe that this case actually improves your overall distance?

Reactions: Prop_Nut
Setting up a YouTube channel and making your first video to make a Titan Drone commercial it's pretty obvious to me that you're "helping" or "working" for a buddy.

No offense but all this test proved is that this case is a lot of money for little to no gains. To not get a mile while boosted even in the trees isn't very good.

Lastly, I couldn't tell but it looked to me like you were hot swapping your antennas? That's a huge no no.

Again all my opinion. It's just weird you setup a Chanel and that's the only videos you've made?

Anyway if I'm wrong.. thanks. I was considering buying one a while ago. The case is cool. But not being able to point the antennas is really a bad design.

1924d13cd572f8e6905927c646038ebc.png
I don't know what is going on with your drone I live in Detroit in a urban area and from sitting on my front porch I can do a straight line and get over 10,800 feet away before returning to home with all stock and the original battery

Reactions: JDG

Hey..I get it but I have zero interest in promoting the case except being a kinda of a nerd. Your post showed an elegant skepticism and I appreciate that. However, You are mostly wrong on every front.

1. I bought my case like anyone else and have zero "arrangements" with Titan Drone. Never met the guys but they are very nice. That's it, nothing to see here...

2. I have a total of 3 you tube Chanel's and each one is focused toward different hobbies/interest. I got into Drones about a year ago and it's completely natural to start somewhere..Nothing nefarious here either..I posted a video of my floor being redone with Nucor and strangely enough, no one questioned me about posting that first video. MY POINT...Mavic Pilots can be a tough crowd..lol..

3. My area is not just some trees, it's a bonafide old growth forest of hardwoods. I posting this in an attempt to learn from others and all tips are welcome. Hopefully, others can learn from me as well. I am NOT SELLING OR ENDORSING anything.

4. I have several DJI Drones and the "my stock Drone can go 5 million feet crowd" is not sitting on MY deck. I have three full DJI setups including Lightbridge, Ocusync, etc..NONE have ever gone further than 3600 feet in any one direction off my deck this Summer..

5. The Boosted antenna gave me over 30% more range. Saying that's insignificant is just silly. I go to lookout mountain a couple times a year and when try flying this Mavic off the side of the mountain, 30% is going to equate to a BIG difference I'm guessing. Below is a video of me flying off lookout mountain with my Phantom. This Video happens to be on one of my other "house stuff" channels. I wanted to upload videos their own channel and not my house channel, hence the new "questionable" channel...[emoji849]

Yea..It's a REALLY well built case and you would never be able to buy this case(just the case) for 30 dollars..It really is robust and offers quite a few advantages.

Now, that being said, I bought it for the amplification so I am not a 100% satisfied with the results but it IS giving me better distance and flying characteristics so I am not unhappy either. Plus I can lug EVERYTHING out in the field without damage.

Titan has told me they are about to release a directional antenna that will connect to this and be amplified. I REALLY want that one. Is it worth the money? It really depends on why you need it and you have every right in the world to just WANT IT...

It is actually a really nice case. The fit and finish of it are second to none. But it is at the end of the day, very expensive.

I don't believe that this case actually improves your overall distance?

Yeah..It's nice and yes, it's given me over a 30% increase...

1924d13cd572f8e6905927c646038ebc.png
I don't know what is going on with your drone I live in Detroit in a urban area and from sitting on my front porch I can do a straight line and get over 10,800 feet away before returning to home with all stock and the original battery

Not the same issues..

5f6782fab53bb9095539106de67dfd2e.jpg

Last edited:
Hey..I want to say something else..The only reason I posted the video was to share the results and so that we can have a discussion about it and distance in general. Not to start some "I work for Titan paranoia"..

It may very well be that I am having distance issues due to some other reason and in that case, I need your help not skepticism about my motives for a video..jezzz...I have serious wifi running here at the house. 10 Wifi cams, two way encrypted wifi alarm, two wifi boosters, wireless locks, routers, time capsules, etc..Maybe I need to go test somewhere else? Maybe I have three bad units from DJI? I posted this to have a normal discussion and I hope we can..

@GooniesNeverDie.....I forgot to mention that I don't hot swap..At least not intentionally..[emoji848]

Last edited:
I think you have a unique issue for sure there. But we all do.

The Titan whip antennas and the boosters are really unproven. Your video doesn't inspire confidence.

I think you have a unique issue for sure there. But we all do.

The Titan whip antennas and the boosters are really unproven. Your video doesn't inspire confidence.

lol...I get it but it does show a 30% increase in distance so we can't dismiss that. Math is Math..

I really am doing testing and we can all learn something at my expense.(literally) I have a Maxx Range Antenna and custom cables arriving tomorrow or Saturday.. I am going to mount Jake's(Maxx Range) Antenna to this case and it will be Boosted as well. We will see how that does and I hope people stop thinking that I am out to promote somebody or some company. I'm not..I am just a dude in the woods trying to come up with a solution that works for HEAVILY wooded areas.

Whichever solution works will be the one that gets my praise and we can all learn something in the process..Cool?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilco
$700 for 30% increase? That's almost a $1 a foot in your case. Math is math!

If you want a solution you need to put an antenna on your roof on a pole. Then connect to your base station. There have been a few that did that for the Phantom. The put a antenna in the air or even on a truck to get more gains

Yep...You do know it does more than that right..lol...Anyway, I am a techie so to each there own..I am about to pull the trigger on an inspire 2. Do I need it? No? Will it take better pictures Yep! Is it cool to get 360 camera capability Yep! It also cost substantially more so are those upgrades worth it? To me, yes..To you, Maybe not..

It's the same thing with the case..I have fun experimenting with my toys and that's all this really is..Come tomorrow it will be a Titan Hybrid with a Boosted Maxx Range antenna on it. Can't say I am working with both guys now can you..lol..Dude, it's all about having fun and sharing my findings. It's not about the money.. Keep Flying!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078