DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TFR in the Twin Cities

Jet skier

Reactions
TFR in the Twin Cities. Does anybody know who enacts a Tcf . I live in Minneapolis and they’ve had a solid TFR in place for the last 4 days because of the rioting. It must be the Faa but I was just wondering ?

I will admit I'm not super experienced on deciphering these, but the contact does state the MN State patrol. So may be at their request.

edit.... just noticed the link to the authority which alludes to the reason. would imagine it was at their request to just keep things from escalating.
  1. 14 CFR 91.137(a)(1) - Protect persons and property on the surface or in the air from an existing or imminent hazard associated with an incident on the surface when the presence of low flying aircraft would magnify, alter, spread, or compound that hazard.
Stay safe down there, I'm ~ 15mi north. was plotting to charge up some batteries today or tomorrow for another spin around the neighborhood

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet skier
TFR's can be requested by any number of parties...law enforcement, such as in this case of the rioting that's going on, but also for major incidents such as an extended SWAT standoff, major structure fires, etc. Also, and a very common one, is for wildland fires initiated by the US Forestry Service. There are always a TFR(s) somewhere in the country for wildland fires. I'm retired FAA after 30+ years and have been on the watch desk many times when getting the request for a TFR.

I will admit I'm not super experienced on deciphering these, but the contact does state the MN State patrol. So may be at their request.

edit.... just noticed the link to the authority which alludes to the reason. would imagine it was at their request to just keep things from escalating.
  1. 14 CFR 91.137(a)(1) - Protect persons and property on the surface or in the air from an existing or imminent hazard associated with an incident on the surface when the presence of low flying aircraft would magnify, alter, spread, or compound that hazard.
Stay safe down there, I'm ~ 15mi north. was plotting to charge up some batteries today or tomorrow for another spin around the neighborhood
Yeah I live a block from Lake Street and I Do some Low level reconnaissance every night at about 830 to see who is violating curfew , with my evo back up , pretty interesting

TFR's can be requested by any number of parties...law enforcement, such as in this case of the rioting that's going on, but also for major incidents such as an extended SWAT standoff, major structure fires, etc. Also, and a very common one, is for wildland fires initiated by the US Forestry Service. There are always a TFR(s) somewhere in the country for wildland fires. I'm retired FAA after 30+ years and have been on the watch desk many times when getting the request for a TFR.
Thank you for your info

yeah I’m right at Ground Zero thank you for that link to no tams how do you get that website I tried and couldn’t find it or will that link refresh if I keep hitting at it

yeah I’m right at Ground Zero thank you for that link to no tams how do you get that website I tried and couldn’t find it or will that link refresh if I keep hitting at it
I figured it ,out thanks anyway

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan