DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TFRs and geofencing in DJI GO 4 app

As I mentioned earlier (post #5) the TFR is listed on the Geo map, but appears to be much smaller than the real one.
So do you think it is my specific issue or a DJI issue? Not a major issue to me, but I forsee GO 4 app users getting their drones shot out of the sky or confiscated. As you know they take this very seriously anywhere near potus. I know several schoolkids who use the app recreationally, and you know how kids are, they are unlikely to check for TFR before flying.

So do you think it is my specific issue or a DJI issue? Not a major issue to me, but I forsee GO 4 app users getting their drones shot out of the sky or confiscated. As you know they take this very seriously anywhere near potus. I know several schoolkids who use the app recreationally, and you know how kids are, they are unlikely to check for TFR before flying.

It looks like a DJI problem to me. They have the TFR in the Geo system but it appears to be the wrong size. It's probably in the GO app too, but again not the same diameter as the actual TFR. You could submit a bug report ticket to DJI.

Reactions: CaptPete
Thanks for your help sar104. I am very limited on time, so will probably not submit a bug report, but evidence is all here in case someone decides to, or they can message me directly for any further info.

Synopsis: Important TFRs not shown correctly in fly-safe-geo or go4 app - reports "safe to fly" under "no-fly" VIP movement TFR.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman