DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TGFRTH

AeroMirage

Reactions
Thank God for Return to Home!!
Was flying this evening and CrystalSky disconnected.
Got a message that 'Launcher was not initializing'or something to that effect.
Tried shtting CS off, no luck. Then shut RC down and restarted, No change.
Meanwhile the AC was coming back to RTH!
TGFRTH!!
After it landed, I tried again to reboot the CS, no change. I then removed the battery, waited a minute then reattached it and restarted the CS.
Now it was back.
Restarted AC, RC and CS... all normal.
WTF!!!
First time I ever had any kind of trouble with the CS.

But if just the CS disconnected, why did RTH initialize? The RC had to have disconnected also.

Hmmmmm..............
29_2x.gif

Anyone else had this happen?

Makes me think that the controller may have been what crashed, and not the CS. The CS was just failing as it received gibberish from the RC (or something like that). Loss of flight software or device (phone/tablet/CS) would not initiate an RTH - but loss of RC would. That's why I'm thinking it might have been the RC that crashed.

When you use RTH is it best to always change your height before flight, setting it higher than obstacles in your flight area?

When you use RTH is it best to always change your height before flight, setting it higher than obstacles in your flight area?
Yes, you always want RTH altitude set to clear all obstacles. I keep mine set at 45M unless I fly around something that is higher than that, then I would adjust accordingly.

Yes, you always want RTH altitude set to clear all obstacles. I keep mine set at 45M unless I fly around something that is higher than that, then I would adjust accordingly.

The manual says obstacle avoidance only works with the failsafe RTH, am I reading that correctly?

You should start a new thread to ask this question, as we're discussing something completely different here. Thanks.

I already did not to long ago but thank for telling me that. I was just New don’t know how to make a tread for some reason I found out yesterday. An I know how. But either way have a nice day.

I have noticed that using my iPhone connected to the side of the remote is tricky. The iPhone sometimes has to be completely disconnected and reconnected even though it is absolutely a solid connection. It's as if the remote does not recognize it..randomly. Perhaps the remote is checking connectivity and defaults itself off under certain criteria...*shrug*

About RTH...Wow! I can't say enough about that wonderful feature. It has saved my arss twice. Thanks to Apple's throttle back battery software, my iPhone used to go from 100% charged to 5% in under 4 minutes in cold weather (this issue since resolved with new battery). Thus, I lost visual on the viewing device. I shut the remote off and found the drone over my head in short order. Second time...I lost orientation and could not figure out why the drone was going away and not towards (prior to understanding the map on the screen with my P3). I shut the remote off and PRESTO, that thing came right back to me. I turned the remote on and landed it. It's fantastic. Learn it, love it.

I have noticed that using my iPhone connected to the side of the remote is tricky. The iPhone sometimes has to be completely disconnected and reconnected even though it is absolutely a solid connection. It's as if the remote does not recognize it..randomly. Perhaps the remote is checking connectivity and defaults itself off under certain criteria...*shrug*

I did not have this issue with my Mavic Pro, but do encounter it with the Mavic Air. Each time I initiate RC then Mavic Air, and then open Go4 on the iPhone I receive a "disconnected" reading. Shutting everything down, then turning them all on again gets the right results. Not the worst glitch, but it is an odd one.

Yes, I am having this disconnect issue with a Mavic Air and iPhone using the DJI Go4 application.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon