DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank gawd for internal storage

Mr.Dair

Reactions
So just came back from a gruesome 26 miles roundtrip mountain hike to havasupai falls and took my MA with me. Flew it several times to get some nice shots and came back to find nothing recorded in the sd card! Luckily it was stored in internal memory...phew, video to come. Oh and btw before i get drone copped, all flights were not near anyone or the campgrounds and were planned. Didnt even need more than one battery to film every waterfall so planning your flights beforehand does wonders.

You have to tell it to use the SD card, it’s set to use the internal storage by default. It’s in the camera settings.

Yea i had set it to internal from a previous flight when i removed my sd to transfer videos and forgot to set it back.

i never felt comfy putting my stuff on the cloud like some do especially since drives are so cheap,,with 68 tb here im good for a few more days:)

Same thing, filled a 32 GB card with three batteries, on my last flight at half battery and screen said card was full. Only choice was to fly back, but I reset the memory to internal storage on the fly, got the rest of my recording done no problem and came home at 25% power. I didnt think I’d need that internal storage but 4K and 1080p 120FPS uses a ton of space and having that backup was great.

I stuff extra SD card in my case just in case. Just last weekend I had travelled 25 miles out on my snowmobile to film, only to realize I didn't have SD card in. Luckily I had backup 32GB SD in the case and internal as well cause I filled the 32GB in first couple batteries.

Queery. When the internal is full will it automatically go to the sd card or just stop?

When internal is full when you press the record button it will tell you that internal is full and then it will ask you if you want to go to the card.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60