DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank you, DJI

Droning on and on...

Reactions
There's a a fair amount of discussion about rule breaking and the consequence that rules get tighter and tighter for safety reasons.

Reasoning, the arguments seem to make "common sense". Yet, The risk seems speculative rather than real, as actual serious incidents of harm to people and property are quite rare.

I think we have all the safety and automation technology that DJI has developed over the years to largely thank for this. While it annoys and interferes with experienced pilots, is a PITA for many commercial missions, these pilots aren't the danger we all imagine.

It's the plethora of ignorant noob recreational flyers that present all the risk. Imagine all of them unboxing at the park to get those awesome shots of the family reunion picnic on the 4th of July in the US – first time flyer, WITHOUT GPS and VPS positioning, obstacle avoidance, RTH, geofencing, etc. The park happens to be completely within the SFO ATC controlled airspace.

Thank you DJI. Sincerely.

Please just let us experienced pilots turn some of the nannies off 😁

Last edited:
There's a a fair amount of discussion about rule breaking and the consequence that rules get tighter and tighter for safety reasons.

Reasoning, the arguments seem to make "common sense". Yet, The risk seems speculative rather than real, as actual serious incidents of harm to people and property are quite rare.

I think we have all the safety and automation technology that DJI has developed over the years to largely thank for this. While it annoys and interferes with experienced pilots, is a PITA for many commercial missions, these pilots aren't the danger we all imagine.

It's the plethora of ignorant noob recreational flyers that present all the risk. Imagine all of them unboxing at the park to get those awesome shots of the family reunion picnic on the 4th of July in the US – first time flyer, WITHOUT GPS and VPS positioning, obstacle avoidance, RTH, geofencing, etc. The park happens to be completely within the SFO ATC controlled airspace.

Thank you DJI. Sincerely.

Please just let us experienced pilots turn some of the nannies off 😁
I agree with you. There’s lots of negative talk about DJI and I’m sure some is deserved but they have treated me extremely well for more than a decade of commercial flying with many DJI products. Recently the DJI engineers programmed a very specific and complicated geo-fence area to satisfy the regulators at an international airport where I was hired to capture runway and lighting refurbishment. I have flown at this airport several times over the past 8 years doing similar jobs, but regulations have become very strict. Thanks, DJI for going the extra yard and helping me with this.

I too have had really good support from DJI over the years although I have height issues along with others with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. What I can’t understand is why new models are not coming as standard with built in strobes considering regulation appears to be moving in that direction. I use the one on the Enterprise Dual religiously, I also have a genuine spare.

Regards.

Reactions: bmcelya
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman