DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank you!

Randy M

Reactions
Thanks all for the warm welcome. A little history... For Christmas, my wife gave me a toy drone. No bells or whistles. After flying that thing, and after countless crashes, I hit the side of the garage and broke it. I then, in early January, I bought a $100. Drone from eBay. After a week, I experienced my first fly away. Then I bought a refurbished Mavic Mini. I couldn't get over how easy this thing is to fly. My gimbal work is slowly improving. I just need to regain my nerve after my fly away experience!

Glad to hear you are now equipped with a Mavic Mini! They are awesome! You have came to the right place, the people here are awesome and extremely knowledgeable!

One thing I would recommend, (if you have not already) is to download the UAV Forecast app. This app will provide you with the current weather conditions and could potentially help save you from another flyway!

Last edited:
Hello again from the Crossroads of America Randy M.

Cheap drones are easy to crash.
.DJI drones are easy to fly. :)

I had similar learning curve. I had "toy grade" drones from Skyviper to learn on. they were good for learning but i did end up in trees, hit a street sign, crashed in my pool etc. As you can imagine, I went through a few of them. I then bought a used M1P on Ebay. After a month of flying it I did hit a low hung branch. I was butt hurt. I then found another M1P on Offer Up at a pawn shop near my home so i went there and bought it. A friend of mine with a highly modified M1P suggested I send the first one to Thunder Drones. I now have 2 of the M1P's (with 5 batteries for each) and love them.

Reactions: Randy M
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to MavicPilots forum. Enjoy safe and happy flying! 👋🏾

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
That is how I started with a toy drone, moved up to a couple MP's and a M2.
Since then have a certificate from a National Drone School, taken the trust test, for all recreational pilots.
This is a recreational UAS Safety Test {TRUST} Completion Certificate, its free to take.
This document is evidence that the holder has passed the aeronautical and knowledge and safety test which is a requirement. Happy, and safe flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61