DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks DJI ... Goodbye

As I recall, the Phantom 4 "announcement" around Christmas lead to all kinds of speculation about when it ship but was finally "released" in Bejing 7 March . . . I ordered mine from drdrone.ca on a Friday 1 April 2016 . . . and got it the next Wed April 6th . . . why is everyone whining?

If you are in Canada at least and you are that HOT on getting one . . order it from the EAST coast because that's the first landing point in North America . . they get them first . . .and they likely still have un-committed MavicPros already coming any time now if you want one. No, I don't get any discount or freebees, they are just a good reliable source. I betting I get mine sooner than later.

Phantom 4 was announced on March 1st and preorders delivered on launch day March 15th and this was like clockwork tbh.

There was no mention of the P4 before then.

Hey you are probably right . . but everyone seems way to tense about announcements and schedules . .. bringing out a radical new product like that is not as easy as you think. . . so many details and possible glitches. . . amid the hype of social media, it's tough. So I'm happy to wait . . even as an early adopter.

I've spent years making my own home made drones. Never really been interested in buying a RTF consumer drone. BUT once I saw the Mavic I was easily persuaded to change my mind and ordered one. I was hopeful I'd get mine on the first delivery in from the place I've ordered from but it would appear it won't be until the 2nd delivery which they still can't confirm a date on yet so my order status with them will remain "Processing" for quite a few weeks more I think. I see so many people complaining about the delays but in reality the delay is actually only 1 week behind their original schedule so that's no biggy in the grade scheme of things. The production delay could of just been down to something really daft like the supply of boxes etc was delayed. As big as DJI they are prone to unforeseen delays from their suppliers as much as anyone else. Most of the production and material scheduling nowadays is "Just in time". Major manufacturers rarely have all material required stock piled up nowadays. And if it was actually down to a technical issue then best that the delay has happened so they get time to fix the issue before we find the problem ourselves. While I wait patiently for my Mavic I will carry on enjoying my time with my home made creations even if a lot of them do tend crash more than fly

As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...
Hey Nick, I understand you, but c'mon, I know and DJI knows that you won't say goodbye to them. Keep calm, and Mavic will be ther soon! I just wonder why you sold P4 before getting the new one. No need to answer.

Happy flights!

[]'s

Guys I have only took a few post out but this name calling has got to stop .
I know everyone is not happy and I am not too,
But we take being nice very serious here and if this keeps on there's only
going to be 1 thread for everyone to discuss this .
I am asking ya to chill and we will all be happy soon

I wish I had it in me to make my own, I can imagine the learning curve would be pretty extreme. It seems all the technology that we are seeing in the Mavic would be almost impossible to reproduce at three times the budget as a DIY project. I wouldn't know where to start. Props to anyone out there doing this.
I see it pretty clearly, the reason he sold it was hope plain and simple and he was let down like the rest of us.
I would be glad to lend him my P3P if he needed one, but mine is in the shop getting a ribbon cable replaced. My cat chewed it

I guess no one remembers the P3 demand. There was a massive demand for the p3 that there was a battery shortage 'epidemic'. Users were disgusted, upset that they could only fly for 20 minutes and had to recharge. And then users were jumping up and down because the battery had to cool down for an hour before charging again.
P3 and spare battery combo

I also remember there was a huge number of PV2Plus V3 who just purchased a discounted-obsoleted quad. They too were jumping up and down, trying to get refunds from Amazon.

Quad or no quad, we are humans are never happy.
I do think aliens dropped by to help us at one stage but read the DJI.com Mavic Forums and realised Earth was like that orphan kid that no one adopted.

Last edited:
For the last time in this thread . Please tone it down guys and be nice to each other .Thank You
Think.jpg

Reactions: DocMavic
Experiment and see 10 2 4. :) lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98