DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks TJ for putting this up!!

I'd definitely recommend Newlands Corner. I drove there on my way home tonight, it was like DJI central :) Two Mavics and a P4P.
As for Chobham Common, I've never been but it looks like it's in the Fairoaks and Heathrow Airport zones so I'd stay away from there just to be completely safe.
Hi @CanoTech. Can you remember exactly where at Newlands Corner all this drone activity was going on? I went there on Wednesday (16 Aug) afternoon and the place was literally heaving. People, kids, dogs, cars everywhere. The area around the visitors centre was too busy for any drone flying. Did you find somewhere else?

Interestingly, Newlands Corner seems to be run by the Surrey Wildlife Trust, who also control Chobham Common and, I thought, had a no-drones policy.

Wrexham, I've flown a lot down the coast.
Yep, have done Talacre Lighthouse a few times. Bala looks good but there is an awful lot of water !!! Have done the Aquaduct near Llangollen, that's good to do especially when the barges are going across it.

Checking in from Windsor which is a big no fly zone unfortunately any good suggestions around here?

Checking in from Windsor which is a big no fly zone unfortunately any good suggestions around here?

Hi, I'm about six miles from Windsor and, sadly, have yet to find a good flying spot. Ironically there's a lot of wide open spaces like Runnymede near me and Windsor Great Park but all have no-drone rules. Best bet so far is Richmond Park which has a dedicated area for RC flying. Been there but not used it yet.

If you find anything near Windsor let me know!

Hi, I'm about six miles from Windsor and, sadly, have yet to find a good flying spot. Ironically there's a lot of wide open spaces like Runnymede near me and Windsor Great Park but all have no-drone rules. Best bet so far is Richmond Park which has a dedicated area for RC flying. Been there but not used it yet.

If you find anything near Windsor let me know!

I've flown along the jubilee river and along the river Thames near the Windsor race course as there are open fields but not as exciting as great park

Newbie in Northampton here, with a sister in Portsmouth, other relatives in Scarborough so anyone knows good places to film around these places please advise. I'm going on a cruise in August departing Southampton. Knowing I can't fly a drone from the ship I wouldn't mind trying to film it the morning it arrives or evening it departs after my trip, but from where to I don't know if anyone knows let us know.

Newbie in Northampton here, with a sister in Portsmouth, other relatives in Scarborough so anyone knows good places to film around these places please advise. I'm going on a cruise in August departing Southampton. Knowing I can't fly a drone from the ship I wouldn't mind trying to film it the morning it arrives or evening it departs after my trip, but from where to I don't know if anyone knows let us know.
Just a note, if you are going on a Princess cruise then they will not allow it on board, if you bring it and they find it it will be up to you to make arrangements ashore to store it for the duration or discard it. I checked this because I was going to take mine next week but sadly will be leaving it at home.

Just a note, if you are going on a Princess cruise then they will not allow it on board, if you bring it and they find it it will be up to you to make arrangements ashore to store it for the duration or discard it. I checked this because I was going to take mine next week but sadly will be leaving it at home.
No worries. I'm P&.O. Ive decided I'm going to try and if it's a problem, well, I have relatives nearby who can keep it safe for the week. There are good reasons why they don't like them, idiots buy them and operate them from their balcony cabin without having any idea what they are doing. One of my relatives works in the industry, been advised to try, told to just make sure to obey their rules - no flying from the ship, recalibrate compass ashore, let them know I'm not a new to the hobby idiot who doesn't know what he's doing and they do sometimes relent, and if not well, he works 5 minutes away and can come pick it up. He has access to the docks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+