DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Air 2s in no way should be compared to the Mini 3 Pro. The Air 2s is a far superior aircraft.

Couple things to note: If you get caught in the rain for more than about 3 Minutes your Mini 3 is TOAST>
The Sensors burn out almost instantly.

DJI Updates are a Constant an when you least expect it. Having to worry about the drone over heating is Stressful
If the Mini 3 Over heats for whatever reason when your flying its programed to Force Land , Stressful
Thus me landing on top of Mc Donald's in a Storm. The extra Battery time not helping.

The Mini 3 Camera is first to start flipping in heavy winds. Annoying for me anyway and I have to agree with the other OP who said it feels like a toy, and a Pro Drone not having an internal fan is just wrong. lol

The Mavic 3 Series is great but not for the Money as you would expect the video and photos to just be superior in every way but the Air 2S can hold its own on both video and pictures as well.

The extra Battery Time of the Mavic 3 series is however Worth the Money to most , as I love the extra time I have in the Storms to Capture something EPIC in the sky. With more time I may capture some UFO activity lol.
I also think some Optical Zoom should have been included for the price of the Mavic 3.

The Air 2S - Its a fantastic system as it can compete with Mavic 3 in picture and video and When Geared up with the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket can Rival the Mini 3 in what it can do in the sky and on the water as well as the Mavic 3.
The Size of the Air 2S is spot on perfect for the car, bike , hike , kayak, and they lowered the price,

The Air 2S also allows you to use the Two Best Mapping Apps: Dronelink and DroneDeploy where the MAVIC 3 or the Mavic 3 Classis is still not listed.

We sell more Air 2S Rain an Rescue Packages more than any other drone as it superior for most companies .

I was reminded by a forum member that the Original Mavic Pro also had the Vertical Camera Feature before the Mini 3 Pro did and had a WOW moment as I retired that drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water ,

Last edited:
Reactions: karlblessing
Using the Air2S for a while now and the Mini 2 I have to say they have their advantages and disadvantages. I know this thread is about the Mini 3 Pro and Air2S. I am looking at the portability of the two. I know when I am traveling on airlines I find going with the Mini 2 a lot easier. I have 7 batteries for it and I love the 4K resolution that I get for it. Which is the same I would shoot in the Air2S anyway. The Air2S though I use for my professional shootings and find that it is a lot better with it's modes. Overall I have to say they both have their advantages.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The Air 2S - Its a fantastic system as it can compete with Mavic 3 in picture and video and When Geared up with the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket can Rival the Mini 3 in what it can do in the sky and on the water as well as the Mavic 3.
The Size of the Air 2S is spot on perfect for the car, bike , hike , kayak, and they lowered the price,

The Air 2S also allows you to use the Two Best Mapping Apps: Dronelink and DroneDeploy where the MAVIC 3 or the Mavic 3 Classis is still not listed.

Was pleasantly surprised, though I could never get DroneDeploy to actually take off with my Air 2S during the trial, but dronelink has been working very well for me that I managed to capture a lighthouse on my work trip up north, processed it in WebODM and then threw it into blender to make this :

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Just read through this entire thread.

Good grief 🙄

The "toy" debate in particular. What a meaningless, juvenile discussion.

Please, people, when someone makes such a characterization, it's never meant to be helpful, it's always meant to denigrate. There's certainly no willingness to respect other's opinions.

"Toy" does have a fairly well understood, widely accepted meaning. No DJI drone comes anywhere near meeting the common understanding of what a toy is.

Wind handling ability, flight performance, image performance, etc. are all valid comparisons, and where one drone comes out better than another, it doesn't render anything a "toy".

I'm not insulted or offended by this in any way. Rather, I'm simply impatient with it. It's unnecessarily provocative. Precisely because it's so off the mark, and clearly meant to denigrate.

Toys are things used by children usually for fantasy play. Are there toy drones? Yes. DJI doesn't make any.

Here's an example of a toy drone to put some perspective on this ridiculous distraction:

20230422_110608.jpg

Reactions: kenjancef
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR