DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Air 2s in no way should be compared to the Mini 3 Pro. The Air 2s is a far superior aircraft.

My RC remote work well for the Mini 3P with all the updates, I would say a bit less warning of fading signal than my Air 2S with the N1. That set up is amazing, never loose connection without lots of warning. I have to say the RC is crazy convenient, even more so if you may actually need your phone. . .

My RC remote work well for the Mini 3P with all the updates, I would say a bit less warning of fading signal than my Air 2S with the N1. That set up is amazing, never loose connection without lots of warning. I have to say the RC is crazy convenient, even more so if you may actually need your phone. . .
It is convenient especially for your type of adventures 😀

You said it! Lots of times I can use a hip pack, whip it around to the front, deploy on the move and with only 2 things to juggle can literally keep hiking on reasonable terrain while I put that little sucker away a as well!

Personally, I have been very happy with the image quality on the MM3 pro, especially the 10 bit color but, yea, that thing flies like a butterfly VS the Air 2S, feels like it's a rocket on rails even in some wind! I do think the MM# out performs the 2S on the tough into the sun shots, better detail and shadow capture for me. . .

I do think the MM# out performs the 2S on the tough into the sun shots, better detail and shadow capture for me. . .
Which is kind of weird because it's over a full stop brighter (f/1.7 vs f/2.8), and doesn't have any higher a shutter speed than the Air 2s (both max out at 1/8000), so if anything, without the use of an ND filter, the Air 2S has a 1.3 stop or so advantage over the Mini 3 pro. So I'm guessing you mean to say they do better postprocessing internally perhaps with some bracketing or HDR like effect. (or the highlights are blown in favor of the shadows).

I mainly shoot and edit video in D-cinelike and maybe it's the 10 bit color that really helps the whole thing pop in post during color grading. . . .? From my editing experience the MM3 does have a better dynamic range. I found the 2S to be a lot more hit and miss withome Awesome and other shots a real struggle to clean up also D_ cine. . .

I see/read a lot of forums where people are comparing the Air 2s to the Mini 3 Pro and calling them almost equal or the Mini 3 Pro better?? I own both, have extensive hours on both and the Air 2s is by far the superior aircraft, hands down. And yes the RC Pro is also far superior than the DJI RC, can't even put them in the same category. As mention I own both aircraft and both the RC Pro and the DJI RC.
I was out flying them both today and it's like night & day, a toy vs the real thing, I like the Mini 3 Pro for what it is but can't imagine how people classify them as almost equal. Especially the YouTubers that are very persuasive to "new" items to get hits to capitalize off the average person. The Air 2s with the RC Pro, even with the RC N1 is a legitimate solid workhorse of an aircraft that is feature packed and in my opinion will be around and last for years to come. The Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC is a great package, great little travel or feature packed beginner aircraft but holds no comparison to The Air 2s w/RC Pro.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?
I own both as well.. although I have the RC-N1 controller for both as well. I bought the Fly more package for the Mini 3 Pro along with landing skids, prop holder, ND and ND/CPL filters, Hanatora battery charger, and a two tier hard case. I've flown it a handful of times. But when I go out to fly and want to take photos... I take the Air 2S.
I wouldn't make the comparison that they are equal to each other because they aren't. Each one fills a niche. For me, the weight difference is negligible when carrying it in a back pack. Takes about the same amount of time to get it up in the air. I do like the portrait mode of the camera, but would rather it also be able to do panos in that orientation.
That said, I am now thinking of selling the Mini 3 pro ( bought it for the sub 250, but quickly realized I would add some weight to it anyway ) and buying another Air 2S. I don't think I would miss the mini 3 at all

Reactions: Mavikhan
when the price of a refurbished Mavic 3 FMC dropped under $2200 (at Drone Nerds), I decided to upgrade and skip completely over the Air 2S. Definitely a different world than the Mini3/Mini2.

I still use the Mini 3 occasionally, especially when I want to be less obtrusive and less noisy. Seems like a very good combo of features to have the Mavic 3 and Mini 3

when the price of a refurbished Mavic 3 FMC dropped under $2200 (at Drone Nerds), I decided to upgrade and skip completely over the Air 2S. Definitely a different world than the Mini3/Mini2.

I still use the Mini 3 occasionally, especially when I want to be less obtrusive and less noisy. Seems like a very good combo of features to have the Mavic 3 and Mini 3

I bought the Air 2s and I am now considering a return for a refurb Mavic 3 fly more. Same move as you because I have the Mini 3 Pro already and I am very concerned about the Air 2S battery life mainly.

How is the Mavic 3 battery power for you?

I bought the Air 2s and I am now considering a return for a refurb Mavic 3 fly more. Same move as you because I have the Mini 3 Pro already and I am very concerned about the Air 2S battery life mainly.

How is the Mavic 3 battery power for you?
the battery power is great for flight time, very similar to the plus batteries for the Mini 3. I can log a 20 minute flight and still land with 25-30% of the battery remaining. No stress

Now I'm stuck with the realization that Best Buy refurbs aren't DJI refurbs.

I think I have landed myself in a situation where I have, at minimum, lit a 15% restocking fee on fire for this Air 2S.

My logic is...if I want to return my Air 2S and get the Mavic 3 refurb from Best Buy, I am rolling the dice on the Mavic 3 because apparently Geek Squad refurbs are not the same as DJI. Meaning I could open the Mavic 3 and it could be apparently used and dirty, etc.

I really should have researched the Air 2S battery life or took it more seriously because I've trapped myself pretty good on this one lol

Last edited:
  • Sad

I think I have landed myself in a situation where I have, at minimum, lit a 15% restocking fee on fire for this Air 2S.
So even though you've pretty much proven that there are defects in what you purchased, they would still charge a restocking fee? I thought that was only for products that still work but just returned.

Some screen warnings and 1 of 3 batteries dead is what I have to work with so far. I guess I will find out if this meets their bar for a return.

If I was standing on their side of the counter, I would offer me a replacement of the dead battery only. With that 15% restocking fee in place, the consumer really has no protection. It is genius really the more I have thought about it, but the potential for abuse is high (renting drones from retail) so I understand it. Once you crack that plastic seal, you've abandoned 15% and the drone goes from new to refurb and they don't really lose far as I can tell. I just hope my Air2S doesn't just land back on the shelf because I'm also still trying to get confirmation on what Geek Squad refurbished means vs. DJI refurbished.

We shall see when I contact them later today.

So even though you've pretty much proven that there are defects in what you purchased, they would still charge a restocking fee? I thought that was only for products that still work but just returned.
I'm with Ken, if it's defective it should be returned with no restocking fee because it did not come as advertised.

Depending on the state, they can't legally still charge a restocking fee. Because defective products don't get restocked.

Reactions: kenjancef

My logic is...if I want to return my Air 2S and get the Mavic 3 refurb from Best Buy, I am rolling the dice on the Mavic 3 bercause apparently Geek Squad refurbs are not the same as DJI. Meaning I could open the Mavic 3 and it could be apparently used and dirty, etc.

I really should have researched the Air 2S battery life or took it more seriously because I've trapped myself pretty good on this one lol
I log a 20-25 minute flight with each of my batteries on the 2S. And land with 15% - 20% each time.

Yeah I would love that, but 26 minutes is my 100% charge on the two batteries that work. There is no way my kit will get close to that.

25 minutes of flight with 15-20% battery left is great

Edit:

I just flew it to test again and was able to screenshot "Motor error. Check propellors and fly wih caution" in the app.

After the Gimbal Calibration error or whatever my Mini 2 had, I definitely am not living with this one.

Given the error capture, my chances have improved.

Edit 2: adding screen

df3.JPG

Last edited:
I log a 20-25 minute flight with each of my batteries on the 2S. And land with 15% - 20% each time.
interesting

DJI itself says the maximum flight time is 31 minutes...under controlled conditions

1679601951282.png

if you're getting 25 minute flight time and have 15% of the battery left, it sure looks like your batteries are out-performing the specs

my experience with the Mini 2, Mini 3, and Mavic 3 is that the actual practical flight time is at least 10% less than the ideal condition specs from DJI. It's even less if it's windy and I'm recording in 4K 30fps. And even less if I occasionally hover or go into sports mode

I would kill to get 20 minutes of flight time with my new Air 2s. I NEVER get more than 16-17 minutes with 15% left under any condition
yeah, if it's a little windy and I'm recording in 4K, I think you have to subtract at least 20% from the specs for flight time. It may be closer to 25%. Or even 30%. The Air 2S specs say 31 minutes so that would put the practical flight time at around 24-25 minutes. I always spend some time hovering for one reason or another and that will reduce flight time. So maybe now down to 21-23 minutes.

and if you feel nervous getting under 20% battery....

I'm most familiar with my Mini 3. Specs for the regular batteries say 34 minutes. The Plus say 47 minutes. I'd say the practical flight time of the regular batteries maxes out in the 24-25 minute range. Safety of landing with 20% battery drops the flight under 20 minutes. The plus batteries close to 30 minutes

Just flew a little Hyperlapse. I have been documenting a building project for fun. 10 mph winds. This is normal for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327-143219.png
    Screenshot_20230327-143219.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1