DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Air 2s in no way should be compared to the Mini 3 Pro. The Air 2s is a far superior aircraft.

I totally agree and as you so well put it; this is a world wide forum for people to voice there opinions, and that is just what I am doing so I’m a little confused with your response. Your contradicting yourself, so others can voice there opinion but I, who created this thread, cannot voice my opinion? This thread is not knocking what people can afford or what weight class they can fly in there country. Maybe re-read my post? Why is it pointless for “me” to exercise my opinion & thoughts? And “ok” for everyone else? You’re own words were “whole idea of a forum like this ,is for people to give their opinions” As I did so again I’m confuse by your response. Ok for others, not ok for me?
read your thread title....it's pretty absolute...."no way" and "far superior"

I had this very debate with myself a a couple of months ago when I was deciding which way to go from the Mini 2: Air2S or Mini 3?

the consensus of people who had the means to compare was that in terms of video and photos there really was little difference. Yes, the Air2s had a bigger sensor, but the mini 3 have camera upgrades that off set the sensor size. So then, no deciding factor yet

that left flying experience and drone specs. Obviously, because of size and mass the Air 2s had the advantage in windy conditions. That was a strong argument for it. The Air 2s also had 4-direction obstacle avoidance and precision landing. More advantages.

but the Mini 3 had a couple of advantages as well, and those became decisive: one was that it was a mini weighing less than 250 grams. With the advent of remote ID next year and the probability the Mini 3 would be exempt, that was a big factor in it's favor. But the biggest factor was a simple one: the plus batteries. And having had the Mini 3 for a month I can say that those plus batteries make a huge difference. That extra 12 minutes of flying time simply creates more opportunities for good flights and good video (and yeah, I know the plus batteries push the weight over 250 grams, but that's an insignificant concern at this point since I'm in the USA and do not fly in cities, only in the country and remote areas. I don't fear drone police)

in other words, for me, the Air 2s was not close to a "far superior" choice. And I know I'm comparing without having the experience of flying the Air 2s. But I'm not speaking in absolutes either

read your thread title....it's pretty absolute...."no way" and "far superior"

I had this very debate with myself a a couple of months ago when I was deciding which way to go from the Mini 2: Air2S or Mini 3?

the consensus of people who had the means to compare was that in terms of video and photos there really was little difference. Yes, the Air2s had a bigger sensor, but the mini 3 have camera upgrades that off set the sensor size. So then, no deciding factor yet

that left flying experience and drone specs. Obviously, because of size and mass the Air 2s had the advantage in windy conditions. That was a strong argument for it. The Air 2s also had 4-direction obstacle avoidance and precision landing. More advantages.

but the Mini 3 had a couple of advantages as well, and those became decisive: one was that it was a mini weighing less than 250 grams. With the advent of remote ID next year and the probability the Mini 3 would be exempt, that was a big factor in it's favor. But the biggest factor was a simple one: the plus batteries. And having had the Mini 3 for a month I can say that those plus batteries make a huge difference. That extra 12 minutes of flying time simply creates more opportunities for good flights and good video (and yeah, I know the plus batteries push the weight over 250 grams, but that's an insignificant concern at this point since I'm in the USA and do not fly in cities, only in the country and remote areas. I don't fear drone police)

in other words, for me, the Air 2s was not close to a "far superior" choice. And I know I'm comparing without having the experience of flying the Air 2s. But I'm not speaking in absolutes either
I disagree but to each his/her own.

Overall, in my opinion, comparing them as a whole, in my real world experience, flying them both regularly, the Air2s is superior.

Yes they both have there weaknesses but, the Air2s comes out on top.

Remote ID = Drone Police

Thanks for contributing your input.

I disagree but to each his/her own.

Overall, in my opinion, comparing them as a whole, in my real world experience, flying them both regularly, the Air2s is superior.

Yes they both have there weaknesses but, the Air2s comes out on top.
well, that's significantly different rhetoric than saying there was no comparison and the Air 2s is far superior

one thing I didn't mention (and since I have the RC-N1 with a Tripltek) is that the Mini 3 ($669) and the plus package ($189) comes in at $858. The Air 2s with the plus package is $1299 (didn't see the drone by itself at DJI). That's a $441 dollar difference. So the 'superiority' of the Air2s comes at a 51% higher price over the Mini 3

Last edited:
well, that's significantly different rhetoric than saying there was no comparison and the Air 2s is far superior

one thing I didn't mention (and since I have the RC-N1 with a Tripltek) is that the Mini 3 ($669) and the plus package ($189) comes in at $858. The Air 2s with the plus package is $1299 (didn't see the drone by itself at DJI). That's a $441 dollar difference. So the 'superiority' of the Air2s comes at a 51% higher price over the Mini 3
And the Air2s is just an “all around”better aircraft than the mini 3 pro.
I’m not talking about cost, that’s not what this thread is about. Maybe start another thread with price comparisons?

I’m not talking about cost, that’s not what this thread is about. Maybe start another thread with price comparisons?

Rhetoric lol, and meant “all around superior”

What Model TRIPLTEK do you have? How much does it cost?

387F35FF-A289-4D1C-92BE-1E9A02378C02.jpeg

Super, Superior, Far Superior

Mini 1 Mini 2 Mini 3P

💰, 💰💰, 💰💰💰

What is “far superior”? The Air 2S? or the Mavic3? What is a toy? The train set your parents bought you as a child, or the drone you dolled out thousands 💰for as an adult?

My question to all Mavic Pilots. Are you enjoying the drone you chose? Are you having fun? If you are…then, that’s SUPREME ✅

Last edited:
Reactions: crash3x
What Model TRIPLTEK do you have? How much does it cost?
$789 which I bought for the Mini2 (and knowing I would get a 2nd drone). So, I already had an excellent control screen which is why I compared costs of the Mini3 and Air2s without controllers (deduct $80 for the RC-N1)

18mins flying time ,I'd check the batteries I get at least 25mins landing with 10% battery
I think for a lot of pilots, myself included, landing with 10% of the battery left makes for a pretty worrisome return home. That's not much of a margin for error or misjudgement. The RC-N1 will also be consistently and obnoxiously chirping at you and threatening a forced landing. Maybe the RC-Pro isn't such a nag?

Reactions: crash3x
Guess I’ll put my two cents in. As far as an aircraft goes, the air 2S in my experience is vastly superior, on rails and a crisp responsecompared to the mini three pro kind of flopping around in windier and high altitude conditions, the RC signal is also way better with the air 2 s never a worry and always plenty of warning. video and picture quality do seem darn close Between the two in general daytime conditions. I feel I noticed the difference most when trying to do a precision landing, I’m always floundering with the mini 3 pro.
More off subject , the air2s in populated mountain areas is way noisier and also wear heavier to carry up there whereas the mini three pro is so stealth and incredibly light with great battery life. they really both have their own strengths and I’m glad to have each. The air 2S flies from the truck and on short climbs where as the mini three pro is much more reasonable on longer or difficult adventures While still delivering quality images at the cost of some stability/precision.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Guess I’ll put my two cents in. As far as an aircraft goes, the air 2S in my experience is vastly superior, on rails and a crisp responsecompared to the mini three pro kind of flopping around in windier and high altitude conditions, the RC signal is also way better. video and picture quality do seem darn close. I feel I noticed the difference most women trying to do a precision landing, I’m always floundering with the mini 3 pro.
More off subject though, the air to us in populated mountain areas is way noisier and also wear heavier to carry up there whereas the mini three pro is so stealth and incredibly light with great battery life. they really both have their own strengths and I’m glad to have each. The air 2S flies from the truck and on short climbs where as the mini three pro is much more reasonable on longer or difficult adventures While still delivering quality images at the cost of some stability/precision.
good rundown

and you mentioned a factor I didn't. That being the noise level of the Mini 3. It seems quite a bit less than the Mini 2 even though the decibel ratings aren't that far apart. The mini 3 is supposed to be the quietest DJI drone out there right now and that's a consideration

it may be that mostly the Mini 3 is easier on the ears in the range we can gauge. This guy did a comparison of DJI drones with the mini 3 as the control:

Last edited:
ok.....fair enough

however, If I was to say that the Mavic 3 was far superior to the Air 2s wouldn't it be appropriate to point at the price differential?

At most I'm only a mile or so out start bringing back close to 25%
ok...

still, those plus batteries do add an extra 12-13 minutes of flight time and that's probably and extra 10 minutes when you can be focused of recording video or photos instead of focused on hurrying back home

Guess I’ll put my two cents in. As far as an aircraft goes, the air 2S in my experience is vastly superior, on rails and a crisp responsecompared to the mini three pro kind of flopping around in windier and high altitude conditions, the RC signal is also way better with the air 2 s never a worry and always plenty of warning. video and picture quality do seem darn close Between the two in general daytime conditions. I feel I noticed the difference most when trying to do a precision landing, I’m always floundering with the mini 3 pro.
More off subject , the air2s in populated mountain areas is way noisier and also wear heavier to carry up there whereas the mini three pro is so stealth and incredibly light with great battery life. they really both have their own strengths and I’m glad to have each. The air 2S flies from the truck and on short climbs where as the mini three pro is much more reasonable on longer or difficult adventures While still delivering quality images at the cost of some stability/precision.
Your 2 cents was spot on, I Totally agree.

The wind and movement is the biggest issue for me. The Mini3 definitely gets tossed around more, blown off course much easier and lands comparably worse than Air2S. The wind has been an issue with all the MIni's and acceptable due to weight. Still a great craft, but has it's limited use for my needs... the Air2S easily wins on wind & stability.

On the comparison of movement, even the new Mavic 3 has an undesired movement compared to previous Mavics. Gimbal remains smooth, but the craft has abrupt movements that throw off my normal visual for smooth flight path. The Mini3 is similar, but adds wind bounce too. The M2P was a predictable & smooth flying craft, used Go4App and on-board flight processing... still a plus compared to Mavic 3 or Fly App crafts.

Cost, that isn't part of the comparison to me. That variable is past-accepted if I'm examining & considering. If not 1st price justified, I wouldn't be looking at the product. If cost was a factor, it'd be the M2P and Mini2... at used values are a steal for products and still produce wonderful results.

Reactions: maugummi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair