DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Air 2s in no way should be compared to the Mini 3 Pro. The Air 2s is a far superior aircraft.

ok.....fair enough

however, If I was to say that the Mavic 3 was far superior to the Air 2s wouldn't it be appropriate to point at the price differential?
Absolutely, hands down the Mavic 3 is superior to the Air2s and obviously the price difference is a big factor but again, this thread is not about cost. Your point is definitely valid though.

Absolutely, hands down the Mavic 3 is superior to the Air2s and obviously the price difference is a big factor but again, this thread is not about cost. Your point is definitely valid though.
no worries

I have no problem at all stipulating that the Air 2s is the better drone. In fact, I'm already thinking about selling my Mini 2 and using the money as partial payment for an Air 2s. From what many have said, having a combo of the Mini 3 and Air 2s looks like the best of both worlds

obviously, the Mavic 3 would be on the wish list, but the $1200 cost of the Air 2s vs the $2850 for the Mavic 3 make that wish list way too wishful. And that doesn't include an extra $1200 for the RC Pro, and it almost seems like the Mavic 3 and RC pro belong together

My wife says men are always comparing sizes... go figure.. ;)

With all seriousness: I think it all comes down to what your expectations are of the drone you own.
For me, as a photographer, the drone is basically a tripod in the sky, and that is exactly how I experience it. I need it to get to the point, be able to hover or alternatively move in a steady fashion, have a good battery life, so I can run longer photography sessions, and have as wider set of pro camera features as possible: camera specifications, camera degrees of freedom, etc. Additionally, the ability to take the drone with me on my trips is crucial. Packing all those expectations, I find the Mini 3 Pro fits my needs for the most part. The only thing really that would make me opt for a bigger drone, is if it offers better camera specifics.
Having said that, I do miss having the mini 3 pro equipped with an ADS-B, a safety feature I think all modern drones should have, no matter its size.

Now, if I was looking for a fun drone to fly, I'd probably go for an FPV. That's a different set of expectations.

BTW: On paper, both the 2S and the M3P are rated with the same wind resistance level. Being that I visit places with high winds, I occasionally practice my high wind flying capabilities. Let me tell you that: The M3P is capable of handling far more stronger winds than its official rating, and it is reassuring for me to know (and practice) that.

no worries

I have no problem at all stipulating that the Air 2s is the better drone. In fact, I'm already thinking about selling my Mini 2 and using the money as partial payment for an Air 2s. From what many have said, having a combo of the Mini 3 and Air 2s looks like the best of both worlds

obviously, the Mavic 3 would be on the wish list, but the $1200 cost of the Air 2s vs the $2850 for the Mavic 3 make that wish list way too wishful. And that doesn't include an extra $1200 for the RC Pro, and it almost seems like the Mavic 3 and RC pro belong together
Agreed, two different packages, both great for whichever suits your needs. If you can acquire both, your definitely set, it’s by far the best of both worlds. Fortunately I’m lucky enough to own both.

That’s exactly what I’ve done since my very first drone, always maintained it properly, and when the time came, sold it for top dollar and used that money to put it towards & upgrade to the next drone within my price range and overall needs. That’s the way to go!

Yeah the Mavic 3 is on my wish list, I already have the RC Pro so I’m “sort of” half way there. But I also think the Mavic 3 is above my needs so unless a can get one on sale or a quality used one at a great price it might have to wait till the Mavic 4 comes out and I can a deal the Mavic 3 lol.

Hopefully when the time comes to sell you get good money and can upgrade to the drone of your choice👍🏻

My wife says men are always comparing sizes... go figure.. ;)

With all seriousness: I think it all comes down to what your expectations are of the drone you own.
For me, as a photographer, the drone is basically a tripod in the sky, and that is exactly how I experience it. I need it to get to the point, be able to hover or alternatively move in a steady fashion, have a good battery life, so I can run longer photography sessions, and have as wider set of pro camera features as possible: camera specifications, camera degrees of freedom, etc. Additionally, the ability to take the drone with me on my trips is crucial. Packing all those expectations, I find the Mini 3 Pro fits my needs for the most part. The only thing really that would make me opt for a bigger drone, is if it offers better camera specifics.
Having said that, I do miss having the mini 3 pro equipped with an ADS-B, a safety feature I think all modern drones should have, no matter its size.

Now, if I was looking for a fun drone to fly, I'd probably go for an FPV. That's a different set of expectations.

BTW: On paper, both the 2S and the M3P are rated with the same wind resistance level. Being that I visit places with high winds, I occasionally practice my high wind flying capabilities. Let me tell you that: The M3P is capable of handling far more stronger winds than its official rating, and it is reassuring for me to know (and practice) that.
I live on the coast, fly in high winds all the time, unfortunately I learned from day one flying in windy conditions, not good on the nerves lol. But it in turn, over time, it made me comfortable flying in pretty much any type of windy conditions. Yes, even to the point of losses!

I have gimbal issues every once in a while when flying my M3P in windy conditions, similar gimbal issues like the Mini 2 experienced. I also don’t like the stability of the M3P in windy conditions, it fights very hard to keep stable and sways around a lot. Yes doable in windy conditions but not everyone will feel comfortable. We need not forget it’s only a 250g aircraft, there’s only so much wind & wind gusts it can handle before it goes bye bye.

Overall great little drone but it has its limits being sub 250g

Reactions: Amit Dunsky
I live on the coast, fly in high winds all the time, unfortunately I learned from day one flying in windy conditions, not good on the nerves lol. But it in turn, over time, it made me comfortable flying in pretty much any type of windy conditions. Yes, even to the point of losses!

I have gimbal issues every once in a while when flying my M3P in windy conditions, similar gimbal issues like the Mini 2 experienced. I also don’t like the stability of the M3P in windy conditions, it fights very hard to keep stable and sways around a lot. Yes doable in windy conditions but not everyone will feel comfortable. We need not forget it’s only a 250g aircraft, there’s only so much wind & wind gusts it can handle before it goes bye bye.

Overall great little drone but it has its limits being sub 250g
That is correct. It does sway quite significantly fighting strong winds, but it fights back, stays up and maintain steady video. Yes, it is a 250g drone (well, a little more actually, as I rarely use the standard battery), and there are limitations to what it can handle. Theoretically, it should be able to withstand any wind the 2S can.
I never suggested it is the perfect drone. Only that currently, out of the available options, this little guy fits my needs better than others.

DC RAINMAKER has a great video on the M3P in an extreme high winds. Worth watching.

Reactions: crash3x
That is correct. It does sway quite significantly fighting strong winds, but it fights back, stays up and maintain steady video. Yes, it is a 250g drone (well, a little more actually, as I rarely use the standard battery), and there are limitations to what it can handle. Theoretically, it should be able to withstand any wind the 2S can.
I never suggested it is the perfect drone. Only that it currently, out of the available options, this little guy fits my needs better than others.

DC RAINMAKER has a great video on the M3P in an extreme high winds. Worth watching.
Agreed, for what you get in such a small package you can’t go wrong, it’s packed with almost all of the latest technology. If one is comfortable flying in windy conditions it can handle a lot, you just need to know how to handle it and put your nerves aside lol.

Yes great he has great content, I always check out his latest stuff on YouTube. I’ve learned some good tips from him over the years. His wind vids are great!

Reactions: Amit Dunsky
@Greg Hill ,i would imagine that you already know the answer to your question,so the Mini 3 would not suit everyone,

I can't comment on the Air 2S versus the Mini 3, but I do have a question, and the answer to the question might decide which drone is the one for you. Here's the question:

Are Dronelink and Litchi supported on the Mini 3?
I don’t know, and honestly I don’t use, nor have ever I used either. I know a lot of pilots do and love the added features but for me it’s a non issue.

I see/read a lot of forums where people are comparing the Air 2s to the Mini 3 Pro and calling them almost equal or the Mini 3 Pro better?? I own both, have extensive hours on both and the Air 2s is by far the superior aircraft, hands down. And yes the RC Pro is also far superior than the DJI RC, can't even put them in the same category. As mention I own both aircraft and both the RC Pro and the DJI RC.
I was out flying them both today and it's like night & day, a toy vs the real thing, I like the Mini 3 Pro for what it is but can't imagine how people classify them as almost equal. Especially the YouTubers that are very persuasive to "new" items to get hits to capitalize off the average person. The Air 2s with the RC Pro, even with the RC N1 is a legitimate solid workhorse of an aircraft that is feature packed and in my opinion will be around and last for years to come. The Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC is a great package, great little travel or feature packed beginner aircraft but holds no comparison to The Air 2s w/RC Pro.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?
Ive had no end of trouble with the rc that came with my air2s. It randomly loses connection, is not compatible with iOS and the only way to get files from it is to remove the sd Card. It’s a cumbersome, awkward incompatible brick. When it works it’s fine but having little faith with a drone is not good. DJI had it back under warranty and found an issue so replaced it with another which seems better but the fact it doesn’t work with iOS and blutooth doesn’t work and you cant tf files with usb wires is simply not good enough. its a half baked badly designed and untested controller from my experience.

Ive had no end of trouble with the rc that came with my air2s. It randomly loses connection, is not compatible with iOS and the only way to get files from it is to remove the sd Card. It’s a cumbersome, awkward incompatible brick. When it works it’s fine but having little faith with a drone is not good. DJI had it back under warranty and found an issue so replaced it with another which seems better but the fact it doesn’t work with iOS and blutooth doesn’t work and you cant tf files with usb wires is simply not good enough. its a half baked badly designed and untested controller from my experience.

Even w replacement... dang, not nice!
My standard RC (Air2, Air2S, etc) work nicely with my iPad Mini6 & 5 and iPad Pro 12.9". It doesn't work w 11" iPad Pro.

But moving to RC Pro would remove the need for tablet in some ways. I still prefer iOS at times and some Apps are iOS required.

Good luck on your RC's!

I can't comment on the Air 2S versus the Mini 3, but I do have a question, and the answer to the question might decide which drone is the one for you. Here's the question:

Are Dronelink and Litchi supported on the Mini 3?
Greg, quick answer is a No.
The 3rd Party Apps require DJI to provide the SDK libraries for coding. DJI tends to hold the SDK for a period after a new craft is released, claiming they need time to complete and include the updates. The SDK was recently released for the Mavic 3 platform... indicating maybe by Nov-Feb the 3rd Party Apps may work with Mavic 3. The Mini 3 will probably be next Summer... guess.

The Air 2S was recently added to both DroneLink and Litchi last year if memory correct.

I see/read a lot of forums where people are comparing the Air 2s to the Mini 3 Pro and calling them almost equal or the Mini 3 Pro better?? I own both, have extensive hours on both and the Air 2s is by far the superior aircraft, hands down. And yes the RC Pro is also far superior than the DJI RC, can't even put them in the same category. As mention I own both aircraft and both the RC Pro and the DJI RC.
I was out flying them both today and it's like night & day, a toy vs the real thing, I like the Mini 3 Pro for what it is but can't imagine how people classify them as almost equal. Especially the YouTubers that are very persuasive to "new" items to get hits to capitalize off the average person. The Air 2s with the RC Pro, even with the RC N1 is a legitimate solid workhorse of an aircraft that is feature packed and in my opinion will be around and last for years to come. The Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC is a great package, great little travel or feature packed beginner aircraft but holds no comparison to The Air 2s w/RC Pro.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?
You are completely right , I would never invest in a flimsy drone like that for that amount of money , and not even the new RC that comes with it , I hade the first Mini that came out and I sold it after one month. Never a Mini again

Reactions: crash3x
I own both the Air 2S and the Mini 3 Pro. I could make a comparison but they are for two different uses for me. The Air 2S is the stronger of the two, more capable in adverse conditions and more solid feeling since it is not built to weigh less than 250g. The Mini 3 is better for me when around people or when doing a quick flight in an area where people might have opinions about drones. It appears to people that are unaware less like a drone and more like a toy. We know it performs better than that, much better, but if the general public does not know that you are able to use it in many more places without issue. Away from the public, or even near in higher winds, the Air 2S is my choice. I like both and like having the options.

I find in use, now with the RC Pro working with both to compare like for like, the Mini 3 has a much shorter range. My Mini 2 was better. I see drops at 1500’ out in places my Air 2S has full signal. Right now, city flying might be iffy with the Mini 3 but so far no negative outcome just catches you off guard when you can see the drone and cant control it for a few seconds while it regains connection. It makes the Air 2S the choice more often because it can go farther than I can see without a drop at all. I’m not suggesting BVLOS, I’m saying it can hit the range of my sight and still have a strong signal but you know what I mean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+