DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the AIR 3 here we go again

I wasn't going to purchase, but I did.... 🤣

I was able to fly three batteries yesterday with the new bird and I must say that it is a joy to fly. Penetration through the dense woods is much appreciated with O4. The 24mm and 70mm really compliment each other well, and they are the same sensors which makes post a lot less of a hassle.

Also, with the new "rear" stacked sensor, I think we are finally beyond the "size matters" conversations regarding sensors. That being said, ND filters will be a must. Night/low-light are tremendous. My hanger will be losing the Air2 & Air2S.
How is the noise level?

It will be nice but having used the RC and RC Pro, I can't see myself going back to a remote that needs me to use my phone or a tablet.
Check this out out, you’ll never use a phone again.

Attachments

• IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    970.4 KB · Views: 43
What I don't understand is why DJI felt the need to upgrade from OS3+ to OS4 on the new Air 3. With OS3 the range is already more than enough and the compatibility with existing controllers including the RC Pro was already there. The new RC 2 could have fixed the problems with the original RC (more antennas and addition of external ones) and kept the same transmission tech. To me this is a huge waste and illustrates the point you make about the non-upgradeability of devices.

I have and love my RC Pro. I use it with both my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro (bought as drone only). I really think that customers have to start pushing back on DJI to be more environmentally friendly and demand more choices such as drone only packages and controllers that work with a variety of drones. Now there is talk of an RC Pro 2, why? What is the need? The current one is already powerful enough at the moment.

I am all for innovation but when profit and greed get thrown into the mix without any apparent concern for the huge waste that all these incompatible controllers are going to create then there is a problem.

Chris
I just want 4G.

I just want 4G.
4G actually works, but unfortunately only in China... Air 3 even has dedicated space to attach the 4G module.
As the RC2 remote can be connected to a big screen over USB-C to DisplayPort/HDMI, it would be awesome to fly the drone from indoors.
1696296424323.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman