DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the AIR 3 here we go again

It will be nice but having used the RC and RC Pro, I can't see myself going back to a remote that needs me to use my phone or a tablet.
My tablet is a TriplTek 8 Pro. It meets my specific needs.

well after several hours of digesting the pros and cons of the air 3 ,since its release ,i have done a u turn on my decision not to buy it
i decided to let my heart rule my head ,and have gone ahead with a purchase of the RC 2 fly-more package +the 100w charger ,and the ND filter set, direct from DJI ,it is supposedly being dispatched tomorrow the 28th from their European warehouse
at my age and medical conditions ,i decided to enjoy the added features of the Air 3 while i am still able to do so, i will enjoy the less restrictive distances, that the A2 C of C gives me till the end of 2025 ,who knows what will happen after that
none of this has changed my opinion about the open category rules as they now stand
Let us all know your thoughts once you receive it and take it through its paces. Despite what I think about their newest models I still believe you made a sensible purchase. They just don't work for my business model. Hope you get your new drone soon.

Fly more is listed at £1379 with the RC2, 100w power brick is £79, filter kit is £79, 65w power brick is £69 these are the same prices as shown on the DJI store site
OMM, you don't already have a high power PD charger? What are you using for your Mini3P?

You can use that same charger, so you wouldn't need to buy another one.

If you don't have a 100W or more PD charger yet, you should get one regardless. It will serve you well with all electronics going forward.

That’s quite pricey there in the UK, even more as compared to our higher than most markets worldwide.
I only looked at this tonight, after an email from one of our large DJI resellers, AU$1239 for the rc2 flymore which is GBP£1227.
It’s impressively spec’d but like you I’ll continue to fly my existing drones, I really have no desire to update as yet.
The world looks very different if you sold your M2P in anticipation of an M3P that could run Litchi, and are still waiting. The A2S tops my Squadron at the moment.

In the mean time, a Mini3P was added to the fleet with a DJI RC.

So now the perfect storm has arrived for people in my situation: Sell the A2S with DJI RC and FMC it came with, get A3 FMC with DJI RC 2.

THAT'S a hard upgrade to pass up 🙂

The world looks very different if you sold your M2P in anticipation of an M3P that could run Litchi, and are still waiting. The A2S tops my Squadron at the moment.

So now the perfect storm has arrived for people in my situation: Sell the A2S with DJI RC and FMC it came with, get A3 FMC with DJI RC 2.

From the Litchi website:
If you have one of DJI's latest drone models (Mini 3, Mavic 3 Enterprise, etc), you will need to use Litchi Pilot instead

I probably own the most used Air2s DJI would ever see, at times I flew 6 hrs a day for months. I stopped counting the batteries I have purchased for it ( and yes I get all my cycles) I would say from experience that for reliability you can't beat the Air2s Hands down! I would hope the same can be said for the Air 3 Especially since the entrance fee is so steep. (new controller new batteries new accessories )

I'm just waiting for the first "DJI we need this added, come what are you playing at" threads, lol.
Oh, I'm already rolling my eyes and the first 🤬🤬SDK🤬🤬 thread hasn't shown yet.

Give it one more day... 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Torque and Cafguy
OMM, you don't already have a high power PD charger? What are you using for your Mini3P?

You can use that same charger, so you wouldn't need to buy another one.

If you don't have a 100W or more PD charger yet, you should get one regardless. It will serve you well with all electronics going forward.
no i use a none proprietary charger that can charge all 4 of my Mini 3 pro batteries at the same time ,plus the RC in about an hour ,it can also charge them to a set 60% for storage
i do also have a 30w PD charger if i want to charge the batteries in the hub from time to time
i think that because of the increased flight time of the Air 3, then 3 batteries for me is going to be enough, and the system of charging one battery from two others in the hub, in the field will, in affect give me the equivalent of 4 batteries anyway

Give it one more day
I'll Start:
DJI-- Where is my Sticker? I have flown Remote Control my whole life and when I purchase a new plane , car or FPV Drone in the box I get a sticker that lets me tell someone that could care less that I own or support your product. But DJI NO STICKER what gives with that!

I wasn't going to purchase, but I did.... 🤣

I was able to fly three batteries yesterday with the new bird and I must say that it is a joy to fly. Penetration through the dense woods is much appreciated with O4. The 24mm and 70mm really compliment each other well, and they are the same sensors which makes post a lot less of a hassle.

Also, with the new "rear" stacked sensor, I think we are finally beyond the "size matters" conversations regarding sensors. That being said, ND filters will be a must. Night/low-light are tremendous. My hanger will be losing the Air2 & Air2S.

well after several hours of digesting the pros and cons of the air 3 ,since its release ,i have done a u turn on my decision not to buy it
i decided to let my heart rule my head ,and have gone ahead with a purchase of the RC 2 fly-more package +the 100w charger ,and the ND filter set, direct from DJI ,it is supposedly being dispatched tomorrow the 28th from their European warehouse
at my age and medical conditions ,i decided to enjoy the added features of the Air 3 while i am still able to do so, i will enjoy the less restrictive distances, that the A2 C of C gives me till the end of 2025 ,who knows what will happen after that
none of this has changed my opinion about the open category rules as they now stand
Awesome OMM, you only live once and life’s too short

I wasn't going to purchase, but I did.... 🤣

I was able to fly three batteries yesterday with the new bird and I must say that it is a joy to fly. Penetration through the dense woods is much appreciated with O4. The 24mm and 70mm really compliment each other well, and they are the same sensors which makes post a lot less of a hassle.

Also, with the new "rear" stacked sensor, I think we are finally beyond the "size matters" conversations regarding sensors. That being said, ND filters will be a must. Night/low-light are tremendous. My hanger will be losing the Air2 & Air2S.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! A bigger sensor is always better! Physics! More light! HDR is a gimmick! I don't know what I'm talking about! AUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!

Apologies, couldn't resist 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KLRSKIR
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! A bigger sensor is always better! Physics! More light! HDR is a gimmick! I don't know what I'm talking about! AUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!

Apologies, couldn't resist 🤣🤣🤣
Too funny! But you do realize there a a lot out there that will take forever to come down off the fence. 🤷‍♂️

The world looks very different if you sold your M2P in anticipation of an M3P that could run Litchi, and are still waiting.

Actually I’m still flying my as new M1P and Spark !!
11 batteries all up, all perfect still, never had one go as yet 🤞
The old Mavic Pro (and MPP) is still the only drone that has full flight options with white or RE goggles, never been another that does the whole lot, maybe the M2 also had these for a great flight experience.

Hat tip to you @MAvic_South_Oz! Haven't flown the M1P in ages, no idea what state the batteries are in. Same with the P3 and Spark. Soooooooo....... gonna check on 'em all tomorrow.

Your battery situation there is amazing. No loss of capacity at all? 👍👍

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hat tip to you @MAvic_South_Oz! Haven't flown the M1P in ages, no idea what state the batteries are in. Same with the P3 and Spark. Soooooooo....... gonna check on 'em all tomorrow.

Your battery situation there is amazing. No loss of capacity at all? 👍👍

No loss that is discernible, so yeah very happy still to keep them airborne.

One thing I have noticed is my controller is holding less charge over moderate time between flights.
If I haven't flown in say 4 weeks or so, it used to still be on high 90%, but now it might be 40% !
So that might be on the way out.

I do know you can replace cells in those, videos on youtube, or I might try and find a decent 2nd hand controller, hopefully not one that's been left sitting for years unused.

i can concur with @MAvic_South_Oz ,when it comes to the M1P i have the MPP version and it will be 5 years old in November this year my 4 batteries will still hold a full charge and my RC also seems to loose its charge slightly faster now when not in use, i check it and the batteries on a regular basis ,

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian