DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the AIR 3 here we go again

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
well the dawn of the Air 3 is upon us,the internet is awash with the usual reviewers,all salivating about how wonderful the new Air 3 is ,and how we will not be able to live without it
but right now ,sadly for me living in the UK ,then i can very much live without it
if the day ever arises, and it is possible to fly the Air 3, in a manner similar to the Mini 3 in the open category ,then ,i will for sure be very interested ,in becoming an Air 3 owner
for now parting with nearly £1500 for the RC2 fly more kit, and the 100w charging brick ,and maybe another £80 for the ND filters to fit ,is for me a definite no no
i hope all the members in other parts of the world, who can enjoy the benefits the new Air 3 brings to the table ,have a great time flying their new Air 3

I'm sure will see a Air 3S or Air 3 Pro soon enough with given time.:p

That’s quite pricey there in the UK, even more as compared to our higher than most markets worldwide.
I only looked at this tonight, after an email from one of our large DJI resellers, AU$1239 for the rc2 flymore which is GBP£1227.
It’s impressively spec’d but like you I’ll continue to fly my existing drones, I really have no desire to update as yet.

The configuration I would enjoy will probably never happen. I would like an M3 with the standard angle lens and a 3x telephoto lens. Both MFT sensors with Hasselblad color science and d-log 10 bit. That would float my boat. I'm affraid what I'm asking for is an Inspire at M3 price point. Oh well, my M3C continues to pump out beautiful video so I can't complain.

well the dawn of the Air 3 is upon us,the internet is awash with the usual reviewers,all salivating about how wonderful the new Air 3 is ,and how we will not be able to live without it
but right now ,sadly for me living in the UK ,then i can very much live without it
if the day ever arises, and it is possible to fly the Air 3, in a manner similar to the Mini 3 in the open category ,then ,i will for sure be very interested ,in becoming an Air 3 owner
for now parting with nearly £1500 for the RC2 fly more kit, and the 100w charging brick ,and maybe another £80 for the ND filters to fit ,is for me a definite no no
i hope all the members in other parts of the world, who can enjoy the benefits the new Air 3 brings to the table ,have a great time flying their new Air 3
Read a review yesterday, 720 grams iirc

That’s quite pricey there in the UK, even more as compared to our higher than most markets worldwide.
I only looked at this tonight, after an email from one of our large DJI resellers, AU$1239 for the rc2 flymore which is GBP£1227.
It’s impressively spec’d but like you I’ll continue to fly my existing drones, I really have no desire to update as yet.
Fly more is listed at £1379 with the RC2, 100w power brick is £79, filter kit is £79, 65w power brick is £69 these are the same prices as shown on the DJI store site

I pulled the trigger and bought one yesterday
Price: $1637
Delivery 8/4

-DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC-N2) USD $1,349.00 ×1
-DJI Air 3 ND Filters Set (ND8/16/32/64) USD $99.00 ×1
-DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan (DJI Air 3) USD $189.00 ×1

I pulled the trigger and bought one yesterday
Price: $1637
Delivery 8/4

-DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC-N2) USD $1,349.00 ×1
-DJI Air 3 ND Filters Set (ND8/16/32/64) USD $99.00 ×1
-DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan (DJI Air 3) USD $189.00 ×1
It will be nice but having used the RC and RC Pro, I can't see myself going back to a remote that needs me to use my phone or a tablet.

These prices are higher than the 2S with the 1-inch sensor?

Wonder what the image comparisons will be like.

Does the Air 3 have variable aperture?

I will buy one when they:
1. Get rid of all the useless grey plastic. It serves no purpose other than add weight. ( no it does not waterproof) and serve as a reason for you to redesign your battery cases so they only fit a certain model.
2. Make it serviceable. If a motor goes, it would take you hrs to repair yourself- compared with your competitions 5 min.
3. Stop producing them like iPhones and add tangible upgradeable features to your drones. (why is it so hard to turn my Air2S into an Air 3S) without buying every single component new.
4. Get out of the controller and battery business- and stick to drones. Anybody else have a now useless 1000 dollar Rc- pro. ( Ok I guess you can use the pro for your OLD stuff. SO what DJI has just told you is basically:Thank you for your purchase though we will give it NO thought when we redesign our new drones) If you want to sell me a 1000 dollar controller make darn sure next time that I can easily upgrade it ( Like your Competitors.)

Last edited:
I will buy one when they:
1. Get rid of all the useless grey plastic. It serves no purpose other than add weight. ( no it does not waterproof) and serve as a reason for you to redesign your battery cases so they only fit a certain model.
2. Make it serviceable. If a motor goes, it would take you hrs to repair yourself- compared with your competitions 5 min.
3. Stop producing them like iPhones and add tangible upgradeable features to your drones. (why is it so hard to turn my Air2S into an Air 3S) without buying every single component new.
4. Get out of the controller and battery business- and stick to drones. Anybody else have a now useless 1000 dollar Rc- pro. ( Ok I guess you can use the pro for your OLD stuff. SO what DJI has just told you is basically:Thank you for your purchase though we will give it NO thought when we redesign are new drones) If you want to sell me a 1000 dollar controller make darn sure next time that I can easily upgrade it ( Like your Competitors.)
As of today, the RC Pro is compatible with the Air 3 with a software update retracted

Last edited:
well after several hours of digesting the pros and cons of the air 3 ,since its release ,i have done a u turn on my decision not to buy it
i decided to let my heart rule my head ,and have gone ahead with a purchase of the RC 2 fly-more package +the 100w charger ,and the ND filter set, direct from DJI ,it is supposedly being dispatched tomorrow the 28th from their European warehouse
at my age and medical conditions ,i decided to enjoy the added features of the Air 3 while i am still able to do so, i will enjoy the less restrictive distances, that the A2 C of C gives me till the end of 2025 ,who knows what will happen after that
none of this has changed my opinion about the open category rules as they now stand

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_