DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Arris Raptor landing skids for M2P and M2Z are available now! (Great for hand landing)

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
How would they work for hand landing? looks like you would have to grab it with both hands.

They look pretty nice but I am having a hard time with $85.00 with pontoons.

Let us know how you like them.

How would they work for hand landing? looks like you would have to grab it with both hands.

They look pretty nice but I am having a hard time with $85.00 with pontoons.

Let us know how you like them.
I'll shoot a short video of hand catching it and link it here in a few days. :)

Reactions: Ddjmrql and mreloc
I ordered these, but am also curious how a water landing works - seems like a lot of risk for water spray getting on the drone. Any thoughts on the proper way to water land without spray damage?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I ordered a skid from them ($35) for my MPP and it didn’t fit right, now it’s just collecting dust.

What is "professional grade?" I could see the use for steadicaming but I'd rather have a handle centrally located above the drone for that. I've never had an issue hand launching/catching my Mavic or Mavic 2 so this doesn't really appeal to me. I'm sure there are some people who will appreciate these skids though.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I ordered these, but am also curious how a water landing works - seems like a lot of risk for water spray getting on the drone. Any thoughts on the proper way to water land without spray damage?
These pontoons should hold the drone high enough off the surface that it will be a non-issue as long as the aircraft isn't carrying a heavy enough of a payload that it would shift the COG (Center of Gravity).

But, as with any aircraft landing on water, it should be approached with caution.

For those of us that are insured thru DJI and/or State Farm, water damage is fully covered as long as you don't loose it in the deep blue sea.

In case of a crash into water, these give you a million percent chance of finding and recovering you drone to be able to file a claim than anything else on the market. #BarNone

I ordered a skid from them ($35) for my MPP and it didn’t fit right, now it’s just collecting dust.
You could have returned it for exchange or refund.

There's no use crying over spilled milk now, right?

1) what is this state farm insurance u mention? I have SF so will check tomorrow.

I wont knock anyone for trying em but just not my thing and I think it cheeses up the look of the drone. To each there own though.

1) what is this state farm insurance u mention? I have SF so will check tomorrow.

I wont knock anyone for trying em but just not my thing and I think it cheeses up the look of the drone. To each there own though.
I learned of SF coverage from previous threads here. :)

So you're just here to troll the post?
Uh no, he makes perfectly valid points and wishes someone independent would actually test and report so that there is information a bit more objective than the marketing bullet points, and more complete (there is zero indication about weight and flight time penalty, which you'd think is about the least you could expect from "professional grade" accessories at this price?)

Also, you sound waay too defensive not to be trying to hide the fact you're affiliated...

So you're just here to troll the post?
No ... I was doing the sort of thing that forums are about.
You know, adding different viewpoints and asking questions to a discussion.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't fit the definition of trolling.
(Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.)

I look forward to your follow-up with some concrete details.
Maybe they'll show that my guesses are all wrong?

Now snapping at anyone that questions a point or provides an alternative view and calling them a troll isn't exactly trolling ... but it's not exactly friendly forum behaviour.

Last edited:
I’m definitely interested in other viewpoints.

If anyone with experience with water landing pontoons wants to chime in, it’d be much appreciated.

I get the insurance coverage, but I’d rather not go through that hassle if could be avoided.

This is just a toy we are taking about, yes an expensive toy.

Common sense will tell you that you run the risk of water splashing, spraying and getting
the Mavic wet if your going to do water landings.

Same thing when you fly in rain or snow and I have seen people do that.

If you don't want to land on water and take the risk then don't.

If you want to have some fun and do some water lading then go for it.

If you just want to feel more safe if something goes wrong when flying over water
then put some floats on it.

This is just a toy we are taking about, yes an expensive toy.

Common sense will tell you that you run the risk of water splashing, spraying and getting
the Mavic wet if your going to do water landings.

Same thing when you fly in rain or snow and I have seen people do that.

If you don't want to land on water and take the risk then don't.

If you want to have some fun and do some water lading then go for it.

If you just want to feel more safe if something goes wrong when flying over water
then put some floats on it.
#Exactly

Buy it, don't buy it, like it or don't. It doesn't matter to me.

I don't have any affiliation with the guy that's been 3d printing them that would sway my opinion either way.

If someone is going to play with a toy, they have to make their choices.

I'm absolutely excited about giving them a run and looking forward to adding them to my bag of tricks. [emoji1]

On the other hand, the guy that makes these in Virginia is also a Mavic enthusiast, which is how I ran across him.

And, after talking to him, which the trolls here have never done and most likely won't ever because they lack the backbone to pick up the phone, I can say he's a very pleasant guy.

Reactions: RPSM and Kingram
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness