DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Arris Raptor landing skids for M2P and M2Z are available now! (Great for hand landing)

#Exactly

Buy it, don't buy it, like it or don't. It doesn't matter to me.

I don't have any affiliation with the guy that's been 3d printing them that would sway my opinion either way.

If someone is going to play with a toy, they have to make their choices.

I'm absolutely excited about giving them a run and looking forward to adding them to my bag of tricks. [emoji1]

On the other hand, the guy that makes these in Virginia is also a Mavic enthusiast, which is how I ran across him.

And, after talking to him, which the trolls here have never done and most likely won't ever because they lack the backbone to pick up the phone, I can say he's a very pleasant guy.
Any idea on what effect they will have on battery life?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Any idea on what effect they will have on battery life?
I don't have any real data on that, given that I never push my batteries to the limit.

Scientifically, there could be some tiny amount, but I haven't noticed anything different in my flight times.

Reactions: noosaguy
It appears that they have increased in price.
I honestly don't remember how much I paid for mine because I didn't pay attention to that.

It's such a unique product that solves the problem of the Florida sand getting in my motors and my bahia grass out of the blades, that I would have sent just about anything to protect my M2P.

And, after recieving such prompt email replies to my initial inquiries about his intent to offer these skids fir the M2s, as he had for the original Mavic, I was thrilled when he took the time to treat me like a friend when I additionally called him prior to his initial production batch was ready to ship.

What I do recall about that phone call was that he wasn't the type of guy to ever say that something was ever as good as it could be and made it very clear that he welcomed suggestions for improvement.

Also, he wanted his customers to understand he would be developing new products that interface with the skids and hoped to buy bigger and better production systems to both increase his level of production.

If I ever drive thru Richmond, VA again, I would actually love to stop by his shop and meet him because he was just a Mavic enthusiast and to personally thank him for inventing these skids.

In an industry that is normally dominated by red Chinese, he really made something here that is a great accessory.

erm, unless your camera is pointing directly ahead arent all your video's going to feature orange sausages?

Just out of interest, if the manufacturer of said sausages is such a MP enthusiast could he not pop on to the forum/s to quell all these burning questions to save you being the middle man?

I also agree with a couple of comments I've read but here in the UK, if you lose your MP a distance out over a body of water and you havent got a life boat.. It's gone, sausages or not, just write it off. Swimming out into the north sea to save your dog, kids or MP is not an option. :)

erm, unless your camera is pointing directly ahead arent all your video's going to feature orange sausages?

Just out of interest, if the manufacturer of said sausages is such a MP enthusiast could he not pop on to the forum/s to quell all these burning questions to save you being the middle man?

I also agree with a couple of comments I've read but here in the UK, if you lose your MP a distance out over a body of water and you havent got a life boat.. It's gone, sausages or not, just write it off. Swimming out into the north sea to save your dog, kids or MP is not an option. :)
Nope.

The orange pontoons have yet to show in my camera.

I bet the UK has deep bodies of water, as we do here in the USA and you sink it the DJI extended warranty doesn't cover it.

With these, even if you don't have a boat, coastal waters have an onshore breeze during daylight hours, which would eventually bring it in to the shore and the orange pontoons would make it easy to find it.

And for lakes, if someone is too lazy or in a hurry to wait for it to eventually land on the shoreline, maybe they should find some other hobby or not attempt flying over water.

Last edited:
I have searched the web and can find no user reviews of the Arris skids. You would think somebody would have given feedback on this product.

I have searched the web and can find no user reviews of the Arris skids. You would think somebody would have given feedback on this product.
I once ran a website that sold brand name tactical equipment and weapons accessories, but never could figure out how to get people to leave reviews....

I sold plenty of stuff over 5 years and never had one person return and leave anything for others.

People are strange. :)

To each their own, but they are of great value to me and many others.

I'll be tinkering with adding my lume cubes to them soon for the lower center of gravity. (Pics to follow soon)

I don't have any real data on that, given that I never push my batteries to the limit.
Scientifically, there could be some tiny amount, but I haven't noticed anything different in my flight times.
It's very easy to see how much they affect your speed through the air.
Have you got any numbers on that yet?
What's the top speed in any particular flight mode in still air?

$86 for that is a bit steep, I could see $30 $35 tops but not close to 90
$86 is a bargain I reckon. If I ordered them from Australia, by the time I added shipping, they's cost me around $180.
I can see the advantages but not at that price... I'd rather perfect hand catching.

Personally can't see any value at those prices in my opinion. Probably why no one's buying them.
Just because you're not interested, doesn't mean they aren't a great addition and he hasn't sold thousands of them.

It's very easy to see how much they affect your speed through the air.
Have you got any numbers on that yet?
What's the top speed in any particular flight mode in still air?
I haven't noticed and difference in speed when running without the pontoons, even in high wind.

$86 is a bargain I reckon. If I ordered them from Australia, by the time I added shipping, they's cost me around $180.
I can see the advantages but not at that price... I'd rather perfect hand catching.
I know there's been more than a few shipped to England, but I can appreciate that postage can be a bit pricey since I frequently order things from Europe or send packages to family over there.

And with the pontoons?
Can't say. I'm hovering and watching the water and obstacles when I have them on, so speed isn't a thought in that situation for me.

Flying this thing over water remotely and doing take offs and landings on water is so much fun, I just get caught up in it.

Can't say. I'm hovering and watching the water and obstacles when I have them on, so speed isn't a thought in that situation for me.
Flying this thing over water remotely and doing take offs and landings on water is so much fun, I just get caught up in it.
It's an odd thing, lots of people want to promote flying with floats but none ever can give any info an how they affect performance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian