DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Arris Raptor landing skids for M2P and M2Z are available now! (Great for hand landing)

#Shill

I very rarely write or reply on forums but I cant help but notice a few things in this thread.

1. In my opinion the original poster is highly aggressive about the pros about the product and not the negatives. They are highly aggressive to other members on the forum and to me appear to be a shill for what appears to be a very overpriced product with a fundamental design flaw.

2. Basic questions were asked about the functionality of this product to a person who is clearly at a minimum promoting it. But they have actually refused to answer them, while calling other members names in the process.

A few things are very clear. This product is:

A) Very hard to put on and take off.
B) Cracks on the rear mounts
C) Not usable for hand takeoff and landing " False advertising " without the use of two hands.
D) Is being shilled.

Definition of a shill:
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
Good of you to add your observations to this post. The op has accused some members of being trolls where such accusations weren’t justified. The price has gone up (op says he can’t remember the price he paid - a quick search of one’s emails or even PayPal transactions will quickly reveal the amount paid) yet info about performance and even material used are lacking.

I for one wouldn’t want to drop $115+ on something that is missing important and relevant info regardless of it not being made in China - remember that every DJI drone we own is from China - so how is that a bad thing??

Reactions: Point Zero
Ok, so I live in MN and plan to shoot fall foliage with bridges boats etc in the foreground. DJI Refresh is of no use to me if I sink the drone so albeit expensive in for a penny in for a pound. Yes, they are way too expensive. The product is extremely rough and could use a good afternoon with sandpaper to make it look acceptable. That being said the product is plenty thick around the arms as it clamps in place. It is not at all difficult to install or remove.
I am not a hand launcher so I have no input or opinion on that.
I can say that the orange floats do not interfere with the sensors or with the camera. I have test this 4 or 5 times and used the auto land a couple of times without any problems at all.
Yup, frozen lakes in MN this time of year so naturally I had to try to float the M2Z in the utility tub. It floats 100% level and both the front and back of the floats we're submerged half way. The set I received are an additional 2" in the front compared to the rear. Voila-level!
Lastly as far as flying I have only taken short flights with the floats so I cannot comment on battery. She feels a bit sluggish as one would expect but keep in mind that the temp today is 14F.
I think it's high enough off the water to keep the drone dry and if I screw up and she hits the water at least I know I still have my hardware. It may be upside down and soaked but that's why in MN with our 10k lakes we have refresh and Thunderdrones to help us out!
20190118_125053.jpg20190118_125045.jpg

Ok, so I live in MN and plan to shoot fall foliage with bridges boats etc in the foreground. DJI Refresh is of no use to me if I sink the drone so albeit expensive in for a penny in for a pound. Yes, they are way too expensive. The product is extremely rough and could use a good afternoon with sandpaper to make it look acceptable. That being said the product is plenty thick around the arms as it clamps in place. It is not at all difficult to install or remove.
I am not a hand launcher so I have no input or opinion on that.
I can say that the orange floats do not interfere with the sensors or with the camera. I have test this 4 or 5 times and used the auto land a couple of times without any problems at all.
Yup, frozen lakes in MN this time of year so naturally I had to try to float the M2Z in the utility tub. It floats 100% level and both the front and back of the floats we're submerged half way. The set I received are an additional 2" in the front compared to the rear. Voila-level!
Lastly as far as flying I have only taken short flights with the floats so I cannot comment on battery. She feels a bit sluggish as one would expect but keep in mind that the temp today is 14F.
I think it's high enough off the water to keep the drone dry and if I screw up and she hits the water at least I know I still have my hardware. It may be upside down and soaked but that's why in MN with our 10k lakes we have refresh and Thunderdrones to help us out!
View attachment 59438View attachment 59439
Great pics!

I recall the manufacturer telling me he was going to add an extra inch or two to the front, which I can see he has added to yours. #Kudos

I'm glad to know there are people that simply don't want to allow their drone to end up 20000 leagues under the sea.

Of all the things I've bought for my M2P, the skids are the best investment I've made. (Followed closely by my Raptor XR antenna from Poland)

Random thought: Given that you live so far up north, I recall the Mavic Enterprise batteries are advertised as being heated somehow and physically fit your bird.

I don't know if the heating function is controlled by additional hardware or software features of the Enterprise version, but it might be something to look into up there. :)

Reactions: m chaussettes
I got these as soon as they were available. I'm doing an aerial doc of the NJ Meadowlands so needed something if I ended up in the water. Well made and does what it's supposed to do. Did I mention they are well made?

I’ ve just received the arris raptor2 after waiting 30 days to be delivered in Canada at the cost of $184.00. I’m disappointed, they don’t fit properly, the holes are too tight for the front legs and I’m afraid to break the legs of the Mavic. I’ve been trying to reach them by e-mail with no luck.
I’m not the first one to complain about this product

I'm a bit surprised you would pay 184.00. That just seems crazy. I have had good experience with the company. I think it's 1 or 2 guys but have had nothing like your experience. You should call them.

Hi, I’ve ordered the Arris Raptor 2 with the pontoon kit (mainly because I live by a lake )on March 23 2019. I received it a month later, $184.00 (Cnd) and it doesn’t fit. The holes for the leg are too small and not even the right shape.I contacted iRepair Md llc.they told me I wasn’t installing them the right way or use an hair dryer. I’ve sent them a video while trying to install it. I’ve asked them to send me a new kit with a shipping label to return the one that I have. After numerous e-mails I’m still haven’t received anything yet. Any one knows if these guys are legit ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2