DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Car Cemetery in Båstnäs, Sweden - short 4K drone film

AirBuzzOne

Reactions
The remote Swedish scrapyard where old cars rust in peace!

I woke up at 04:00, packed my camera gear and Mavic Pro drone and began a two-hour drive to catch the sunrise over the fantastic car cemetery deep in the woods. I’ve been here many times before, but this time I wanted to try something new – take photos of the place from above.

After 30 minutes of driving on a small road through the thick woods, the first rusty cars showed up along the road. I parked and walked out. Total silence, no people around, beautiful morning light and -3 degrees Celsius met me. I didn’t regret getting just a few hours of sleep.

Time to fly and watch rust from the sky…

More high res pictures on my drone blog: https://airbuzz.one/drone-pictures-of-bastnas-car-cemetery/

Well shot video and beautiful photos on the blog post too.

Did you have to seek permission of the owners to film there?

Well shot video and beautiful photos on the blog post too.

Did you have to seek permission of the owners to film there?

Hi! I didn't seek permission. The place is owned by to elderly brothers that don't live there anymore. A sign on one of the houses says that "you are welcome to photograph the vehicles, but don't steal, damage or change the appearance of the cars". (close doors etc). I was well below maximum flying height and there were no other people around. :) Andreas

They sound like excellent guys, I’m sorry if my comment came across as accusatory, it was just a genuine question. No malice intended.

Lovely video and stills!

They sound like excellent guys, I’m sorry if my comment came across as accusatory, it was just a genuine question. No malice intended.

Lovely video and stills!
No worries. I did not interpret the question as accusatory :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU