DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The Carpinteria Bluffs, The Ojai Valley, and…Birds!

Very nice!

Reactions: Cosimoto

Shot over Thanksgiving weekend, 2021 in the Ojai Valley and the Carpinteria Bluffs located in Ventura County, California.

Music: "Should I Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen
Nicely done! Brings back old memories. We use to launch our hang gliders on the mountain behind the cliff back in the early 70's. Its summit is 2000' ASL elevation and we would fly down to the beach and land right next to that oil pier. Good times!

Reactions: Cosimoto
I like it. Smoothly flown. Gutsy flying around the birds. It's obvious they didn't seem to mind your drone being there. I like the sound effects @ the end, but maybe blend them more so you get both music and sound effect in balanced levels.

Nerves of steel with those birds! Great footage, smoothly flown, and you can’t go wrong with the “the boss” lol. I would dump the birds & waves sound effects at the end. Too much IMO.
Thanks!

Biggest reason for the surf sounds at the end is because I wanted to to finish that shot over the pier and ran out music!

I like it. Smoothly flown. Gutsy flying around the birds. It's obvious they didn't seem to mind your drone being there. I like the sound effects @ the end, but maybe blend them more so you get both music and sound effect in balanced levels.
Good idea! Will try that on the next one. Thanks!

And yes, the pelicans seem very unimpressed by the Air 2. Probably because they are 2x the size.

Last edited:
Nicely done! Brings back old memories. We use to launch our hang gliders on the mountain behind the cliff back in the early 70's. Its summit is 2000' ASL elevation and we would fly down to the beach and land right next to that oil pier. Good times!
It's a beautiful spot and typically not very crowded because it requires a bit of a hike to get to.

Here's a couple of others videos I did that were (partly) shot at the same location. In the second video, you can see the mountains behind the beach :

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet