DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The "creepy" feeling of being watched by a drone

If I was by myself I could care less if anyone is flying a drone around me, I'll just look up and smile !
This!

Who the he|| cares? I’m in public, doesn’t make any difference if your 30’ across the street or above me. I have no right to tell someone they can’t “stare” at me. If I don’t like it I’ll move along or go inside. Once again, drone operators showing their true colors

Reactions: JMF
You can educate him indirectly by saying the risk of being crash flying on low altitude. Advise him if he really want to see you, just fly high and play with the zoom botton.

When I first got my MPP I flew around the neighborhood a lot (although not at 30' - more like 150'+) but that got boring after a couple of weeks and I haven't done it since. I suspect if you just ignore him the problem will solve itself in short order. :)

I am not aware of the American Medical Association AMA having much to do with drones so I will assume it was a typo.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I’ve been through the same story as you. I was the only drone around for the last few years and then recently, there’s a few within my sight on weekends usually. One late afternoon, I heard a drone and I stepped off the porch to look up, and there it was hovering approximately 40-50’ up pointing right at me/yard hovering. It just sat there , started to do an arc, and then went up another 30-40’ and took off.
At that moment, I felt violated and told my wife about the situation. She just laughed it off and said “ now you know how it feels “. I don’t hover and stare at someone, let alone come down below 125’ around the neighborhood.
We just have to get used to it and tell ourselves that someone else is just enjoying themselves , but yes, it is creepy.

On a weird note, a week after that incident, I did get a notice from the city that I have too many trailers on my property. I have a privacy fence and I’m set over 400’ off the street and neighbors are friendly except one...
I have 13 enclosed car/equipment trailers and my 40’ motorhome parked in the rear yard. I live on an acre and have had these all here for over 7/8 years now and right after that weird drone hovering, I get this notice.
Coincidence? [emoji35]

Curious, how many is too many, who makes the decision as to how many is to many. Is it a real rule? How is it enforced?

Invite him to this forum we will teach him a thing or two, unlike you we are not his neighbors :)

Reactions: Vilco
I think he just saying HELLO to you.
I think you are jealous or something like that. He is harmless. He can't waved back at you.
By flying downward, he is actually greeting you and telling you he is around.
Don't be so inferior. Be more open and have a more smiling and happy attitude, that will brighten up your lives.

Reactions: DroningOn
Curious, how many is too many, who makes the decision as to how many is to many. Is it a real rule? How is it enforced?

Per city codes. 2 motorhome/ Camper/ Trailer combined.
* except that I live on an acre and 7 yrs these been here with no problems. The other ( retired inspector) has seen these when I had an in-ground pool put in and he thought it was a good alternative to a shed. Not permanent and mobile was his comment

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661