DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI RC Enterprise comes with 2 hidden attachments under its backplate. A USB-C connection and an Antenna connector. What are they for? See Pic

SteveR43

Reactions
I wondered why DJI gave me a hex nut remover for my Enterprise RC. I looked at it and it has a removeable back plate. I unscrewed it and I find a male USB-C plug on the right and an antenna cable coming out of the top left with some empty space inside as well. Was that for a 4G dongle or something? See Attached Pic.DJI RC PRO ENTERPRISE.jpg

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I wondered why DJI gave me a hex nut remover for my Enterprise RC. I looked at it and it has a removeable back plate. I unscrewed it and I find a male USB-C plug on the right and an antenna cable coming out of the top left with some empty space inside as well. Was that for a 4G dongle or something? See Attached Pic.View attachment 162859

I wondered why DJI gave me a hex nut remover for my Enterprise RC. I looked at it and it has a removeable back plate. I unscrewed it and I find a male USB-C plug on the right and an antenna cable coming out of the top left with some empty space inside as well. Was that for a 4G dongle or something? See Attached Pic.View attachment 162859

Yes, that is what its for! You can purchase it from Alipress.
I just did some research on the LTE dongles. It looks like you have to attach one to the drone and one to the rc. Do you know if each dongle requires it's own sim card?

If both dongles were installed would DJI's software support it in the USA? If not is there a work around to get them to communicate with one another. Would VPN software work? Changing your location to a region that doesn't have the LTE restrictions.

I hope DJI gets permission from the FCC to allow the use of 4G LTE soon. If the Parrot Anafi is allowed to use it why not DJI drones?

I just did some research on the LTE dongles. It looks like you have to attach one to the drone and one to the rc. Do you know if each dongle requires it's own sim card?

If both dongles were installed would DJI's software support it in the USA? If not is there a work around to get them to communicate with one another. Would VPN software work? Changing your location to a region that doesn't have the LTE restrictions.

I hope DJI gets permission from the FCC to allow the use of 4G LTE soon. If the Parrot Anafi is allowed to use it why not DJI drones?
Parrots a French company while dji, innocent or not, has been blacklisted

Parrots a French company while dji, innocent or not, has been blacklisted
Definitely. I honestly thought I'd seen the last of the "red under the bed" paranoia after the late 1980's. No such luck eh? Seems to be DJI is the main whipping boy in the States, while Huawei got the cold shoulder in the UK. A situation that doesn't seem set to improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Definitely. I honestly thought I'd seen the last of the "red under the bed" paranoia after the late 1980's. No such luck eh? Seems to be DJI is the main whipping boy in the States, while Huawei got the cold shoulder in the UK. A situation that doesn't seem set to improve.
I'm not paranoid, but I'm not naive either.

China is a proven bad actor. While I don't have access to whatever information has driven this ban, not being consulted in this decision hardly makes it "red scare" paranoia.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer