DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The drone is awesome, the pilot has much to learn :)

Reactions
Hope YouTube is a OK to post things ... here's a video I did today with the wind blowing pretty hard:

The Mini does a fantastic job of staying stable. What I'm annoyed with is the pilot (me) making quick jerky moves with the drone / camera. Something to practice, get smoother / calmer with motion.

try it in the C mode, the controls respond a lot slower. that is the beginner mode I think. it works for me

Nice video . . . you posted it perfectly!

try it in the C mode, the controls respond a lot slower. that is the beginner mode I think. it works for me
That is the cinematic mode. It's designed to enhance shooting video by making the movement slower and more fluid, so not necessarily meant for beginners but it should enhance filming for them, and the more experienced pilots too.

Reactions: W5CI
Hope YouTube is a OK to post things ... here's a video I did today with the wind blowing pretty hard:

The Mini does a fantastic job of staying stable. What I'm annoyed with is the pilot (me) making quick jerky moves with the drone / camera. Something to practice, get smoother / calmer with motion.
Also, along with the recommendation above to use the C mode when filming, you can also adjust the gimbal speed and responsiveness, that may be useful for you to play with.

In addition, lots of practice to develop the muscle memory needed for smooth moves. It is actually pretty difficult to fly safely and get high quality footage at the same time. Stick sensitivity adjustments, as well at cinema modes help, buy come with trade offs as well

Reactions: Thomas B
Good advice above. Also work with sticks in a practice area to get the muscle memory for gradual moves. You can always speed up the video in post if needed.
Other than the frequent excessively wick turning movements your vid was super.

Good advice above. Also work with sticks in a practice area to get the muscle memory for gradual moves. You can always speed up the video in post if needed.
Other than the frequent excessively wick turning movements your vid was super.

change the Gimall settings and use Cinema mode and all of the excessive movements will be gone. I love the Mini

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe