DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the eagle has landed

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
sorry the MM has landed what a little cutie, got the flymore combo on a charge now, and then will set it all up its looks like a mavic in miniture, will let you know how i get on flying it soon

sorry the MM has landed what a little cutie, got the flymore combo on a charge now, and then will set it all up its looks like a mavic in miniture, will let you know how i get on flying it soon
Congratulations. I will be anxious for your opinion once you get it in the air. ?? Happy Days

Eagle? More like hummingbird.

no wonder it is so quiet those little props are not big enough to make much noise

no wonder it is so quiet those little props are not big enough to make much noise
After only flying phantoms, what a difference! You can talk with the MM flying right beside you. Sweet. I admit I am hard of hearing but this is wonderful. Nobody looks up.

Reactions: old man mavic
its quite uncanny when you actually see it in the flesh so to speak, its like they have taken the mavic 2 and shrunk it down in some sort of magic reducing ray, so glad i have got one

Reactions: Capt KO
well all set up on my ipad put the prop guards on for first test flight in case it did something unexpected,took it out in my back garden and it asked for a compass cali so did that, and flew it in Cinismooth mode flew great nice and slow in that mode very stable and responsive for its size i can see it being perfect to carry in the car for those unexpected shots when you are out and about, and yes it is very quiet relative to bigger drones ,even though it is not optimised for large ipad screens yet in two times mode it is quite easy to see and is about equal to an 8 inch size android device all in all my first impressions are all positive ,only gripe really is the batteries are a bit awkward to unlatch and remove from the multi charger or the drone if like me your fingers due to old age are not so nimble as they used to be,

well all set up on my ipad put the prop guards on for first test flight in case it did something unexpected,took it out in my back garden and it asked for a compass cali so did that, and flew it in Cinismooth mode flew great nice and slow in that mode very stable and responsive for its size i can see it being perfect to carry in the car for those unexpected shots when you are out and about, and yes it is very quiet relative to bigger drones ,even though it is not optimised for large ipad screens yet in two times mode it is quite easy to see and is about equal to an 8 inch size android device all in all my first impressions are all positive ,only gripe really is the batteries are a bit awkward to unlatch and remove from the multi charger or the drone if like me your fingers due to old age are not so nimble as they used to be,

When trying to remove the batteries are you trying to press the small tab that locks in the charger.I was doing this at first and thought,like you it was really awkward.
Press just behind what looks like a little ramp on top of the battery looking from the front,much easier.
If it is jut your old fingers?then sorry I can’t help with that.
Enjoy.??

When trying to remove the batteries are you trying to press the small tab that locks in the charger.I was doing this at first and thought,like you it was really awkward.
Press just behind what looks like a little ramp on top of the battery looking from the front,much easier.
If it is jut your old fingers?then sorry I can’t help with that.
Enjoy.??
i know what you are saying its the arthritic fingers that dont work so well these days, nothing to do with the actual drone really, but had to have a moan about something i am at that age when its expected

i know what you are saying its the arthritic fingers that dont work so well these days, nothing to do with the actual drone really, but had to have a moan about something i am at that age when its expected

I can guarantee those are not arthritic finders, it is hard to remove that battery for me as well. Stuff just gets smaller those days... I feel like a plastic surgeon each time I try to remove that battery, 100% focus not to rip off all the guts by accident :)
Did it prompt you to update battery firmware? If not, if you have time and desire could you do 5 min hover test on freshly charge batt, inside (to keep temp the same) before and after batt firmware upgrade?

not at the moment (battery firmware) but i will number the batts later and see if it asks me for that, have only flown outside for a few minutes, its pitch dark and very cold at the moment, if i do get any battery update requests i will let you know on this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot
its quite uncanny when you actually see it in the flesh so to speak, its like they have taken the mavic 2 and shrunk it down in some sort of magic reducing ray, so glad i have got one

Awesome, enjoy !
Not only did that wonderful daughter get you a MM for Christmas, but you got it early too !!

Mine arrived this evening too. It's being held by "domestic customs" until I reach an imminent age milestone ??

Doing some rough calculations...
Shenzhen to UK is about 9480km and it took about 192hrs to arrive, from despatch time. That gives an average speed of nearly 50km/h or 30mph, so the official specs are about right! How many full batteries would that trip have taken ?

???

Last edited:
i am so glad it arrived @scro enjoy

Reactions: scro
I am seriously considering getting a MM as it will be more discreet than my MP so could be taken almost everywhere and I and could take it on holidays etc. without drawing too much attentions.
I was previously looking at a second hand Spark but the MM has a 3 axis gimbal which is important to me.

if you do decide to get one i can recommend the combo, the three batts will give you an hour of video, even if you only manage to get around 20 mins of flight in real world conditions ,plus the case that comes with it is very compact , half the size of the custom cases for the MPP and MP2 and very light and if you are using your phone for your screen then it is all you need to carry everything to get in the air

Reactions: LaaLaa
if you do decide to get one i can recommend the combo, the three batts will give you an hour of video, even if you only manage to get around 20 mins of flight in real world conditions ,plus the case that comes with it is very compact , half the size of the custom cases for the MPP and MP2 and very light and if you are using your phone for your screen then it is all you need to carry everything to get in the air
I'd definitely get the combo as the additional batteries and case are things I'd want anyway. Popped out today with the MP and went through three batteries - I'd be really frustrated with just one.

Reactions: old man mavic
I'd definitely get the combo as the additional batteries and case are things I'd want anyway. Popped out today with the MP and went through three batteries - I'd be really frustrated with just one.
and of course if you wanted a bit more flight time you could carry one battery in the MM and the other three in the charging hub and still get them all in the case

oops have i just talked myself into getting another battery i wonder

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000