DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Fly App displayed this error a few seconds when flying at 380ft: "Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution (Code: 30163)". What is it?

jpabello

Reactions
The DJI Fly App displayed this error alert a couple of times for a few seconds each a few days ago when flying my Mavic Air 2 at 159ft and 183ft in 55 degree weather and 10-15mph wind conditions less than 600ft from the take off point:

"Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution (Code: 30163)".

What could have caused this? The motors seem to rotate smoothly, and the propellers don't appear to be bent or damaged.

I flew again yesterday at a higher altitude but in 70 degree weather and this error hasn't happened again since.

Attachments

• Motor Error.png
    Motor Error.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I got the same error. Apparently it is a gain issue. But I don’t know how to adjust the game in the fly app. Supposedly adjusting the gain down to 80 fixes it but who knows?

I took my Mavic air2s out today for its second flight. I got the "Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution (Code: 30163)" 2 times. Has anyone had any luck getting to the bottom of the issue? Kind of a worrying situation

Did you update to the 1.5.8 or 1.5.9 app recently?

Could it be a bug if you did the update?

I'm not sure tbh. I did just update to 1.5.9 this morning, but I think my previous flight was mid December.

I will make sure the propeller pitch is right and even better I will use fresh OEM propellers and see if you still have the error.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569