DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fly more package

PeteS2017

Reactions
I understand this includes two spare batteries, a spare set of props and a few other things. Do people here think it's good value, or should you just go for the quad alone and buy the extras separately?

It's not really a fantastic deal unless you plan to use everything in it. I bought my MP this way, and do not use the bag, battery USB charger plug, 12v mobile charger. I really bought it this way because I was lazy and in a hurry -- when all I really needed and use (in hindsight) is the two extra batteries. The extra props will come in handy someday, but that's probably a long ways off.

It's $200 more. The two extra batteries will cost you $180 later. That gives you more props, a nice bag, and a 4 battery charger for $10. The FM combo is a no brainer.

I think it’s a good value. You get two full sets of extra propellers, by the way. I also like the larger bag, which holds everything I need for a quick travel trip (the Air, controller, charger, and extra batteries all fit nicely).

Reactions: kupua
Hey. Well good point about what you will actually use.I hear you with the case/bag.. BUT the biggest is batteries. You can never have enough, and extras wont be on sale for a time. Also the multi battery charger is essential if you are traveling, like for the Mavic and Spark. The charger bought after is an expense too and you cant buy it separately yet. Propellers.Thankfully I don't seem to go through them much BUT you never know. I was on a very isolated island and 1 flew off, never found it. It wasn't put on correctly. Those rain day spares saved me. Prop guards are good to have actually. But simply put...the batteries. The difference in price is just about what you would pay for 2 more batteries... which we all need.

True, with the Air it may be the only way to get spare batteries at the moment.

It's a great deal if you're going to need the extra batteries and charging hub. Not only will you save a little cash, it'll be easier than trying to source those extras separately (since they aren't widely available yet).

Got it, love it, the large bag fits everything so perfectly. Only thing I don't put in the bag are the propeller guards. By the way, does anyone know how those little tabs that fit on the short cables go in on the controller? Mine keeps coming off every time I plug and unplug my phone.

Reactions: kupua
does anyone know how those little tabs that fit on the short cables go in on the controller?
They just snap into the remote controller arm. I removed mine since it's easier to use the cable without it.

Reactions: dwallersv
As mentioned above, it's $10 more than the retail cost of two batteries separately. For that you get the charge hub, bag, and some other stuff. That $10 is worth it for the bag alone. You can fit everything in the bag -- RC, charge hub, power brick, 3 extra batteries, Mavic Air, extra props. You can even throw the prop guards in the big pouch part of the bag if you need to, but it messes up the modular, streamlined compact shape of the bag.

Anyway, can't over-emphasize the value of being able to carry everything in a single bag you can grab and go.

Man we've come a long way from the Phantom...

Reactions: tiparoch
It's $200 more. The two extra batteries will cost you $180 later. That gives you more props, a nice bag, and a 4 battery charger for $10. The FM combo is a no brainer.
This is very true. I bought the Air standard, then quickly realised I needed two more batteries... and promptly spent almost as much on them as the combo woudl have cost in the frst place......

Ian

Reactions: Advexure
I ordered mine from the DJI store; they were in stock and free shipping for 2.... Love that you pay $79 and we pay £79 (around $110). :)
Ian

I understand this includes two spare batteries, a spare set of props and a few other things. Do people here think it's good value, or should you just go for the quad alone and buy the extras separately?

You can't really fly with just one battery. If you only want two, it's not worth it, obviously. If you want three batteries and this is a good number, the FM package comes out to $40 more.

In the past I've not put much value in the charging hub, I usually end up buying the aftermarket charger that charges 3 batteries at the _same_ time. However, I like the design of this hub as it's very portable. The aftermarket chargers are very big. With the Phantom and even the Pro, this is not been much of a an issue. However, I got the Air because it's _very_ portable. So I probably won't go with the larger charger and stay with the hub. It folds up very small.

I also like the addition of the Power bank Adapter. I can see this being _very_ useful. You take a used battery and can charge the controller or other device with it. You will end up with a depleted controller when you need it at some point. But you can also buy a small power bank for about $10 that will do this as well.

You need something to carry the Air. So you will probably end up spending at least $10 or so. I think DJI did a good job with this case but it's not great. What is also nice is that DJI includes a smaller case for just the Air. This protects the props in case you want to do something like put the Air in a backpack. Still, you could find a case for about $5.

Yes, you do get an extra, extra pair of props. To me, not a big deal as you already get a set.

So if you want thee batteries I'd say the FM package is worth it. The items above are _probably_ worth the $40. But some people don't like the case, already have one, etc. and don't want to spend the $40.

It's not $40 as already posted. The two batteries will cost you 180 after tax and freight. The fly more is a deal. Three batteries is a minimum amount. The fly more bag holds 4 (one in the drone). It's a perfect bag IMHO. Holds my ipad on one side pocket and my mount in the pouch.

It's not $40 as already posted. The two batteries will cost you 180 after tax and freight. The fly more is a deal. Three batteries is a minimum amount. The fly more bag holds 4 (one in the drone). It's a perfect bag IMHO. Holds my ipad on one side pocket and my mount in the pouch.

No out of state tax and shipping is free on orders over $150. So it's $80+$80 = $160 (it's really $158)

upload_2018-2-10_12-15-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-10_12-14-38.png
    upload_2018-2-10_12-14-38.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 21

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock