DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The hardest part of flying a drone...

hansinla

Reactions
I'm very new to remote piloting an aircraft, but currently the hardest part for me is waiting for DJI to finally ship my order...
Ordered a Mavic Air a week ago and still processing. I think I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime.

While ya waiting maybe study the rules and regulations and what you can and cant do when flying :)

Much harder then waiting for the delivery is having the drone and not being able to fly it because of conditions outside your control (weather mainly). Sitting there, having the tool, having the idea, having the time - and failing the weather. That is really hard :)

Pilot's joke: the hardest part of flying is the ground! ;)
"The hardest part of flying is the take off, we all land sooner or later.

• Haha
Reactions: Zage
after all the definition of a landing is a controlled crash, they are the good ones, its the uncontrolled ones we need to worry about

Thanks for the suggestion, already Part 107 certified, commercial part 61 pilot, so I think I’m good. Studied the manual as well and watched the videos. What is still lacking is a drone.
I can't express what a great feeling it is to have my MA right beside me. Ready to fly whenever I want. :)

Much harder then waiting for the delivery is having the drone and not being able to fly it because of conditions outside your control (weather mainly). Sitting there, having the tool, having the idea, having the time - and failing the weather. That is really hard :)
Very true

The hardest part is paying DJI prices. My suggestion would be cancel the order through DJI and utilize Amazon. Save yourself some money and waiting time! When I bought my drone I utilized Best Buy’s price matching and got it the same day.

Just got mine from eBay. Had 2 day shipping for a brand new unit for less than DJI had advertised. Now, if I could get more time away from work and the wife, I’d go fly some more. That and a few more batteries. 1 ain’t cuttin’ it.

Reactions: hansinla
The hardest part is paying DJI prices. My suggestion would be cancel the order through DJI and utilize Amazon. Save yourself some money and waiting time! When I bought my drone I utilized Best Buy’s price matching and got it the same day.

DJI actually had a good deal going on the Mavic Air + Fly More Pkg (during Prime Days). But if I would've paid extra on Amazon, I would have had the drone for a week right now. My biggest problem was that I wasn't familiar with any of the suppliers on Amazon. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the suggestion, already Part 107 certified, commercial part 61 pilot, so I think I’m good. Studied the manual as well and watched the videos. What is still lacking is a drone.

Didnt have Crystal Ball Active.. Should have known you were a Pilot wit Accred and Experience :)

I'm very new to remote piloting an aircraft, but currently the hardest part for me is waiting for DJI to finally ship my order...
Ordered a Mavic Air a week ago and still processing. I think I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime.

while you're waiting, watch as many youtube tutorials as humanly possible.

Reactions: hansinla
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard