DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 The Haunting Ruins of Cwmystwyth Mines

James Dunbar

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I recently started making videos of cool stuff in my local area of Wales, UK. The location is called Cwmystwyth, pronounced "Coom-Us-Twith". It means Valley of the River Ystwyth. This area was famous for lead mining in the 19th and early 20th century. Hope you enjoy watching!

@James Dunbar welcome to the forum
very nice video from our part of the world

A very informative video James. A little long maybe - YT retention might not be high (though I make a point to myself to always watch an upload to the very end - it's good for that channel to have viewers stay to the end!)

I'll sub to your channel too m8.

Welcome aboard.

Paul.

Reactions: dozzn
A very informative video James. A little long maybe - YT retention might not be high (though I make a point to myself to always watch an upload to the very end - it's good for that channel to have viewers stay to the end!)

I'll sub to your channel too m8.

Welcome aboard.

Paul.
Hi Paul - thanks for watching through to the bitter end! I know what you mean about length. I'm only getting my head around the attention span issue. My other videos are shorter, but don't include much in the way of factual information. Anyway, it's all about learning while making! Thanks for subscribing - I really appreciate that. Best, James

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Wow, those low-light shots are beautiful. The whole thing is very tasteful and informative. I really liked the text descriptions. Keep flying and share more with us!
Thank you for watching and for lovely feedback. I think one of the joys of drone filming is you never quite know what you've got until you get it home and start grading it - particularly with HDR. I will keep making stuff, but a bit hampered by gusty wind around these parts at the moment!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I recently started making videos of cool stuff in my local area of Wales, UK. The location is called Cwmystwyth, pronounced "Coom-Us-Twith". It means Valley of the River Ystwyth. This area was famous for lead mining in the 19th and early 20th century. Hope you enjoy watching!
Nicely done, very cinematic footage!

Have to agree wholeheartedly with those who have commented above. Also, rather like your tendency not to over use elevated shots of the remains. The drone obviously gives us the chance to look down on things but somehow one doesn’t get the real feel of the old buildings in the same way as your close pans and I personally think the balance you have of high and low takes is just right for this film. Well done, a delight to watch. Oh, and welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: dozzn and Micky52
Thank you. Very interesting. Thanks for the subtitles and history. I usually don’t like narration, but the subtitles were a very welcome add. Post more!

Have to agree wholeheartedly with those who have commented above. Also, rather like your tendency not to over use elevated shots of the remains. The drone obviously gives us the chance to look down on things but somehow one doesn’t get the real feel of the old buildings in the same way as your close pans and I personally think the balance you have of high and low takes is just right for this film. Well done, a delight to watch. Oh, and welcome to the Forum.
Thanks for taking the time to give all this feedback - it's good to hear. I hope I've been improving over the course of making these videos - certainly the first ones I made were a bit of a nightmare getting used to flying the drone, planning and lining up shots and learning how little battery time I'm playing with!

Reactions: twickers14
Thank you. Very interesting. Thanks for the subtitles and history. I usually don’t like narration, but the subtitles were a very welcome add. Post more!
It's a bit of a gift of a location, to be honest. It oozes intrigue and history but I hope I got the balance right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_