DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 The Haunting Ruins of Cwmystwyth Mines

Well done James. Set up the context of the mine right from the start then documented the different areas, and answered some questions like where did the power come from to drive the waterwheel.
Watched through from start to finish in one go so suspect it's more about one's interest etc etc
I think you're right about 'interest' - it's not going to be for everyone, but I'm glad it is resonating with some people. Thanks for taking time to watch and comment.

Hi Paul - thanks for watching through to the bitter end! I know what you mean about length. I'm only getting my head around the attention span issue. My other videos are shorter, but don't include much in the way of factual information. Anyway, it's all about learning while making! Thanks for subscribing - I really appreciate that. Best, James
Not too long for me. I wanted to see more.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I recently started making videos of cool stuff in my local area of Wales, UK. The location is called Cwmystwyth, pronounced "Coom-Us-Twith". It means Valley of the River Ystwyth. This area was famous for lead mining in the 19th and early 20th century. Hope you enjoy watching!
Thank you for a most enjoyable journey.
How do you achieve the silky, cinematic style?
What frame rate and I assume you slowed it in post?
Great editing and music.

Thank you for a most enjoyable journey.
How do you achieve the silky, cinematic style?
What frame rate and I assume you slowed it in post?
Great editing and music.
Thanks very much. I shoot at 25p (PAL for Europe). I use a variable ND filter, but no slow mo. I will say that I do MULTIPLE passes and clog up my hard drive with unused footage! I guess about 5% of what I record is suitably smooth for the final cut but mostly due to wind and obstacle avoidance not being switched off. I have 3 batteries and invariably end up returning to the location for 2nd and 3rd attempts. So, it’s probably just not as easy as I thought! But having the capability of having your own movie crane is amazing - just incredible technology.

Reactions: Ricapoody
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope