DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The hauntingly beautiful, but derelict Birnbeck Pier, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, at sunset

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
My latest clip is from outside of Cornwall, but the site is so hauntingly beautiful, I just had to film there again.

Birnbeck Pier at Weston-Super-Mare was originally built in the 1800's, but has been left to fall derelict since the 1990's. The great news though is that there is hope on the horizon for it's restoration.

Many thanks to the Friends Of The Old Pier Society for allowing me to use some of their stills in this clip. See their site at www.birnbeck-pier.co.uk for lots of history and info.

I hope you enjoy it.

@Jeremy Clark an amazing video ,its a real shame its been left to the elements ,thanks for sharing

Thanks so much. Such a beautiful place with so much history. I hope a solution can be found now that it looks like it’s been sold to the local council with the support of the RNLI and Others

Reactions: Rchawks
My latest clip is from outside of Cornwall, but the site is so hauntingly beautiful, I just had to film there again.

Birnbeck Pier at Weston-Super-Mare was originally built in the 1800's, but has been left to fall derelict since the 1990's. The great news though is that there is hope on the horizon for it's restoration.

Many thanks to the Friends Of The Old Pier Society for allowing me to use some of their stills in this clip. See their site at www.birnbeck-pier.co.uk for lots of history and info.

I hope you enjoy it.

Fantastic video, very sad to see it in such a state, looks a beautiful place, some of those houses up on the hill, bet the views are spectacular, thanks for posting, loved the soundtrack as well, 99% of soundtracks uploaded drive me mad.

Fantastic video, very sad to see it in such a state, looks a beautiful place, some of those houses up on the hill, bet the views are spectacular, thanks for posting, loved the soundtrack as well, 99% of soundtracks uploaded drive me mad.
Thanks so much for the kind words. I know what you mean about the soundtrack….the number of clips I see that are ruined, usually by some eurotrash dance beats. Each to their own I suppose. Probably just me getting old 😂😂

WOW ! I remember the First time you shot this but this time you knocked it out of the park and made that place look magical. Just incredible work,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
WOW ! I remember the First time you shot this but this time you knocked it out of the park and made that place look magical. Just incredible work,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Thanks so much. I always promised myself I'd go back again when my flying & editing were a bit better. Can't believe I've been flying now almost 2 years. Where does the time go?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
As you say, hauntingly beautiful and the music track matches it perfectly.

A couple of weeks ago my son flew his Phantom under that pier and only realised he had narrowly missed hitting a wire when he saw the video.

A lot of love in that video. Well done Jeremy.

Wow only 2 years. I’ve been at it for at least 50 years (not with a drone of course) and really only have amateur outcomes but happily I am quite happy with what I produce. Enough of me-lovely film very well shot and presented. We live just down the road in Bristol and it is a sorry but still majestic spectacle as one can imagine, with closed eyes, what it must have been like. A great capture and perhaps the ultimate film of the pier. Let’s hope it can be tidied up at least.

I loved your intro!! Also really enjoyed seeingf the footage of the pier. Like others, I'm sad it has been left to the elements. I gave it a like on YouTube - well done!

I hope you enjoy it.

Great video... I bet storm Eunice didn't do the place any favours? I wonder what it looks like now?

Really terrific video! I watched every second and enjoyed it. Your opening historical sequence was perfect. I loved the one photos with early 1900's marketing, "The only paint used on this pier is..." What a place that must have been in it's heyday. I assume you shot at low-tide? If so, video at high-tide might be good too.

Amazing video, there were definitely plenty of interesting aspects showcased in this video :D

As you say, hauntingly beautiful and the music track matches it perfectly.

A couple of weeks ago my son flew his Phantom under that pier and only realised he had narrowly missed hitting a wire when he saw the video.
Many thanks for the kind words. I was so tempted to fly under but for the exact reason you mention, I didn't have the nerve. Also, it was surprisingly windy for the flight (hence the lack of really high views in the clip) & the gusts would've been an added danger to flying under

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J