DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brian_MavicPro

Reactions
Is everyone getting an audible "The home point has been updated" prior to going airborne with the Mavic Air? I notice that I do not hear it most times. Everything looks clean and green on the iPhone display "ready to fly" but the voice prompt appears to be inconsistent. Perhaps its default is a lower audible but....?

I tend to ignore this lack of audible prompt. I just launch and go, the battery life is being sucked out even when sitting still. If the remote is clean and green, I'm gone but must admit, I would prefer the voice prompt for that warm fuzzy feeling.

FYI, I am comparing my experience with the Phantom series. I can't miss that audible thumbs up. It's usually loud and annoying, lol. I like it that way.

Thoughts anyone? Oh, to clarify...no, I'm not going deaf...yet.

Is everyone getting an audible "The home point has been updated" prior to going airborne with the Mavic Air? I notice that I do not hear it most times. Everything looks clean and green on the iPhone display "ready to fly" but the voice prompt appears to be inconsistent. Perhaps its default is a lower audible but....?

I tend to ignore this lack of audible prompt. I just launch and go, the battery life is being sucked out even when sitting still. If the remote is clean and green, I'm gone but must admit, I would prefer the voice prompt for that warm fuzzy feeling.

FYI, I am comparing my experience with the Phantom series. I can't miss that audible thumbs up. It's usually loud and annoying, lol. I like it that way.

I was getting fairly random voice confirmation, some times it was there, sometimes it wasn't, and was wondering the same thing. Turned out my media volume was turned way down whenever I couldn't hear it (duh:rolleyes:). I don't know if that's your issue, but definitely check your media volume before each flight.

I keep saying that too but learned it's not true.[emoji16]

You should have a visual confirmation too when you 'check it on the map'...

If you’re using an iOS device, the volume for the audible prompt only works while the prompt is being said. Or you can go to Settings > Sounds. Turn off the Change with Buttons options, fix your volume, then toggle that option back on. I know there is also a volume control in Control Center on iOS 11 but that doesn’t always work for me.

I usually wait a lil if it doesnt say it, which it doesnt sometimes and i use an Android, i then set it manually and then it says it, along with check it on the map, I'm not taking off till i hear it one way or the other hahaha

Well, got it loud and clear today on my iPad. I suppose it could be a volume issue on my iPhone but I have not verified the defaults yet.

Based on NestleQuik's response "I usually wait a lil if it doesnt say it, which it doesnt sometimes and i use an Android, i then set it manually and then it says it, ..." I would say there is still some inconsistency. I've been flying DJI products for about 4 years and have built up my confidence enough to "feel" like I am in control, lol. I suppose I should take a step back and verify that I am getting an audible verification for the GO4 application.

Reactions: NestleQuik
Well, got it loud and clear today on my iPad. I suppose it could be a volume issue on my iPhone but I have not verified the defaults yet.

Based on NestleQuik's response "I usually wait a lil if it doesnt say it, which it doesnt sometimes and i use an Android, i then set it manually and then it says it, ..." I would say there is still some inconsistency. I've been flying DJI products for about 4 years and have built up my confidence enough to "feel" like I am in control, lol. I suppose I should take a step back and verify that I am getting an audible verification for the GO4 application.

Yea, i do it, because it doesnt take but a second, to go into the app and click on your home point choice and check it on the map, especially if you know you have enough satellites, i feel much better hearing it at least then i assume it will come home if something goes wrong. Its pleasure and stress all rolled into one hahaha

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe