DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The latest Air 2s video April 5 2021

What’s the size comparison? Weight?
They kind of bumped the Air2 closer to the Pro and Zoom level and replaced the Air with the Mini 2 with the price.

Yes, that’s a deal killer for those who use active tracking. There are a lot of videos on YouTube with crashes when flying sideways
Those obstacle avoidance are so worthless. Main problems are powerlines and small tree branches and they cant be seen by sensors anyway.

Disagree. Yes, it's not as superb as in Skydio drones, but it works. In half a year of my use Air 2, obstacle avoidance twice realy saved my drone from crashing. For myself see no reason upgrade to 2S at the moment.
Another interesting point is that the new 2S has more weight, therefore, with the same batteries and same flight time, the propellers should have more lifting capacity. Will they be compatible with air2? Will it be possible to use them to increase the flight time? )

Last edited:
Yes, that’s a deal killer for those who use active tracking. There are a lot of videos on YouTube with crashes when flying sideways
Even the side sensors on the Mavic 2 are not stereoscopic, so they do not work in real time like the others do, and they only work in tripod mode, point of interest, circle, helix, boomerang, timelapse and active track. They work by comparing images, so they only work with slower consistent/predictable movement. So something to keep in mind...that is unless the MA2S has updated sensors ;)

I find this interesting.

I fly 90% of the time with obstacle avoidance off and rarely rely on the technology to keep the drone from
Crashing.

I like to fly close to things and find oa Typically gets in the way of my style of flying.

Reactions: arcticfrost
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan