DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The lock down

You try and do a good thing to let people know and all you get is negative comments about spelling , sod the lot of you , just trying to inform people of whats happening in the industry , now go out and spend all your hard earned cash on the latest drone to show off and in three months time you’l all be moaning about spending thousands and being limited to what you can do with it . Too many ( Mod Removed ) on here see you all in the new year with your mavic pro 2 which bye the way is a fantastic drone as I had the opportunity to be shown even if I could not fly it myself ! . As i said dji as a company is under the spot light from us and uk military as to how they attained footage from military drones being used in the field ... all military contracts have been torn up and put dji in the spotlight . Im now working for another drone company and will be based in the uk from November

Last edited by a moderator:
You try and do a good thing to let people know and all you get is negative comments about spelling , sod the lot of you , just trying to inform people of whats happening in the industry , now go out and spend all your hard earned cash on the latest drone to show off and in three months time you’l all be moaning about spending thousands and being limited to what you can do with it . Too many ( Mod Removed )on here see you all in the new year with your mavic pro 2 which bye the way is a fantastic drone as I had the opportunity to be shown even if I could not fly it myself ! . As i said dji as a company is under the spot light from us and uk military as to how they attained footage from military drones being used in the field ... all military contracts have been torn up and put dji in the spotlight . Im now working for another drone company and will be based in the uk from November

I've read all of the military rumors you speak of and I believe you 100%. Anyone with a DJI drone is clearly supporting a regime that is certainly not on our side, but most won't admit that. My opinion is their products are not all that great and I have not plans of purchasing any more from them. There is no way you can convince me that they sell quality products.

What drone company are you working for now? I'm itching to find a new love for the hobby and I can't go back to DJI. I currently have a Mavic Pro and that will be it for me. If anything happens to it from here on out it will go to the Thunderdrone guys, if it doesn't decide to just fly away one day....

You would think someone in a job on the "legislative" side would be able to spell and you proper grammar!! I call BS in this post!
You are bang on target imo. For me it was not so much the grammar but the presentation of the post. Any expat working in a management role for DJI would be expected to have written communication skills of a very high level. As others have pointed out how many on here would put up a post without previewing it and correcting DGI type mistakes ?

Someone looking for their moment in the spotlight imo

This guy might be full of bull....BUT...he may not be.

Have you guys seen this video about the legislation being proposed by various commercial/military interests? You're only going to be able to fly your drone in "Approved" areas!!

"If you fly drones, RC planes or RC helicopters and live in the USA then you really need to watch this video! The FAA, DoD, AIA, CTA and CDA are out to have Section 336 repealed and force everyone to fit transponders to their craft. The commercial agenda is clearly to get model fliers out of the air or restricted to a few small places (miles from nowhere) so that companies can turn the zero to 400ft airspace into their own property."

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg Smithski
FYI, you can type **** when used as a name like Tom and Harry. its short for Richard, not a sex organ.
this shows your age a bit.
ha ha ha the page will not let me type ****
Sorry, I thought it was you doing it.

But...you will still be able to buy your own flight controller and build your own quadcopter.
Or plane...or boat...

Reactions: norco1989
This guy might be full of bull....BUT...he may not be.

Have you guys seen this video about the legislation being proposed by various commercial/military interests? You're only going to be able to fly your drone in "Approved" areas!!

"If you fly drones, RC planes or RC helicopters and live in the USA then you really need to watch this video! The FAA, DoD, AIA, CTA and CDA are out to have Section 336 repealed and force everyone to fit transponders to their craft. The commercial agenda is clearly to get model fliers out of the air or restricted to a few small places (miles from nowhere) so that companies can turn the zero to 400ft airspace into their own property."

I've been saying this for quite awhile "There's gold in them there skies and hobbyists are just in the way." The media is just a tool of the commercial agenda. Find me a negative article on commercial drone use or a positive article on hobbyists. We will be regulated out of the sky. This was posted on another thread this week.
'It's disgusting'; surveillance shows drone flying outside woman's window at night

'It's disgusting'; surveillance shows drone flying outside woman's window at night

Reactions: sjnovakovich
I've been saying this for quite awhile "There's gold in them there skies and hobbyists are just in the way." The media is just a tool of the commercial agenda. Find me a negative article on commercial drone use or a positive article on hobbyists. We will be regulated out of the sky. This was posted on another thread this week.

Nobody was looking in that woman's window. Besides, there is no window where the quadcopter was.
People have a false perception of what can he seen with the cameras on these things. I have tried looking into my own front window with my Phantom and Mavic, you can't see anything. Unless I get inches from the glass. Then it's do loud it would wake the whole house up. Even then, unless all the lights inside are on, I can't see in. With the lights off, what I see in the Mavics lights reflecting off the glass.
This lady probably thinks her neighbors watch her with binoculars and a telescope. If they don't, they could see a lot more using one of those.

I can see that the 0-400' airspace will become increasingly important in the future with the possibility of airborne personal transport & delivery services etc but what I can't see is any current planning to stop us using it. Not at the moment anyway, no one really knows how these new services will develop and no legislature wants to make law without knowing the whole picture.

Saying that, I can see (in the UK) more and more restrictions on where we can fly. Concerns over terrorism may see new no fly zones around public buildings etc. Then there may be greatly enlarged zones around prisons due to the ludicrous hysteria around smuggling by drone. All of these though will be by law rather than by firmware as there are so many drone manufacturers already with new entrants arriving all the time.

Also, in the UK we have Brexit which means the government and legislature are just so busy with many more important problems to sort out.

The other thing to bear in mind is that hopefully there will always be a lower weight/size limit. I have just bought a Tello and the performance of this both in flight and photographic terms is impressive. So hopefully, if Phantom sized aircraft do become harder and harder to fly widely there will be very capable alternatives with a tiny form factor.

Complete BS, the regulation projects have been published and I haven't seen any that requires manufacturers to do what you say. Others aren't, and certainly won't be until they're absolutely forced to. They wouldn't cut into their buisiness and sales my restricting their product to an unusable level a year before tehy actually need to...

What you say also makes no sense, you talk of "updating with 3rd party software" not being possible anymore when that has never been supported in the first place, then you say "all third party software" being disabled which would include control apps and also makes no sense at all since all restrictinos if any can be handled by the system at a lower level.

So if you had the access you say you had there's a lot of things you've seen that you don't understand.

As an insider up to 3 months ago who works for DGI in the UK. I can now talk as I’m out of contract. All drone laws are changing whether you are in UK to US or Europe. Having friends that still work for the DJI. I can inform you that all updates to DJ I drone will have to be done through the app and no other third-party apps. These changes are going to come about to comply with all laws . The DJ I Mavic pro two contrary to what you have been told was delayed to have some changes in the software and hardware to comply with the new laws which will be brought into effect by the end of the year. This is something that will affect all drones and all manufacturers of drones that want to sell their products in these markets. All third-party apps will be locked out .Thank you and you heard it here first
Really?
In order to be able to corroborate your statements, perhaps you would be kind enough to point us all to either the pertinent section of CAP393 appertaining to these alleged 'changes' or supply a link or reference to the relevant white paper drawn up by either the CAA (within the UK) or EASA.
Alternatively, perhaps a URL to a government white paper which, bearing in mind the timescale you are alluding to, would have been in existence and of public record.
Any NDA which you may or may not have been bound by would not and cannot preclude you from advertising publicly available information (which surely your 'legislation' work within 'DGI' would have needed to be based upon).

Complete BS, the regulation projects have been published and I haven't seen any that requires manufacturers to do what you say. Others aren't, and certainly won't be until they're absolutely forced to. They wouldn't cut into their buisiness and sales my restricting their product to an unusable level a year before tehy actually need to...

What you say also makes no sense, you talk of "updating with 3rd party software" not being possible anymore when that has never been supported in the first place, then you say "all third party software" being disabled which would include control apps and also makes no sense at all since all restrictinos if any can be handled by the system at a lower level.

So if you had the access you say you had there's a lot of things you've seen that you don't understand.
3rd Party Apps can be essential to business. Drone deploy specifically is used in the farming industry as well as construction. It has features and abilities that do not exist in DJI go. I would find it hard to believe cutting this type of APP out would be in legislators best interest.

Wow.

Seems drone enthusiasts turn into packs of wolves when someone offers out information they may not believe or agree with and, unfortunately, dazzer71 has just fed himself to them.

:(

That definitely does happen but, in this case, none of the OP's assertions were really credible.

Reactions: Mark10v and Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom