DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The lock down

As an insider up to 3 months ago who works for DGI in the UK. I can now talk as I’m out of contract. All drone laws are changing whether you are in UK to US or Europe. Having friends that still work for the DJI. I can inform you that all updates to DJ I drone will have to be done through the app and no other third-party apps. These changes are going to come about to comply with all laws . The DJ I Mavic pro two contrary to what you have been told was delayed to have some changes in the software and hardware to comply with the new laws which will be brought into effect by the end of the year. This is something that will affect all drones and all manufacturers of drones that want to sell their products in these markets. All third-party apps will be locked out .Thank you and you heard it here first
WHY?

Reactions: TBird
As an insider up to 3 months ago who works for DGI in the UK. I can now talk as I’m out of contract. All drone laws are changing whether you are in UK to US or Europe. Having friends that still work for the DJI. I can inform you that all updates to DJ I drone will have to be done through the app and no other third-party apps. These changes are going to come about to comply with all laws . The DJ I Mavic pro two contrary to what you have been told was delayed to have some changes in the software and hardware to comply with the new laws which will be brought into effect by the end of the year. This is something that will affect all drones and all manufacturers of drones that want to sell their products in these markets. All third-party apps will be locked out .Thank you and you heard it here first
I've heard something like this was coming. Where the drone will send a electronic signature, so anyone can tell who owns it.

You try and do a good thing to let people know and all you get is negative comments about spelling , sod the lot of you , just trying to inform people of whats happening in the industry , now go out and spend all your hard earned cash on the latest drone to show off and in three months time you’l all be moaning about spending thousands and being limited to what you can do with it . Too many ( Mod Removed ) on here see you all in the new year with your mavic pro 2 which bye the way is a fantastic drone as I had the opportunity to be shown even if I could not fly it myself ! . As i said dji as a company is under the spot light from us and uk military as to how they attained footage from military drones being used in the field ... all military contracts have been torn up and put dji in the spotlight . Im now working for another drone company and will be based in the uk from November
Hmmm... Well using a term like "Sod the lot of you", you just gave yourself away as being a Brit, since the Yanks don't use that terminology. And you did clarify to us that you were not in the UK. Plus the contract with DJI ending with the military has been common knowledge for almost a year. So nothing new there for us to learn

I think most people can guess in the UK that the registration process for all drones at the tail end of next year will probably involve a registration fee of some form, probably payable annually so really, it’s just the government taxing flyers. As usual, we get all this wrapped up in the nation security / terrorism blanket - nothing new there. Truth is that drones can be built from the ground up (no pun intended) with easily purchased components so someone really wanted to go off the grid, it’s a pretty easy thing anyway.

The 0 to 400ft zone may become important at some point but right now, we have no infrastructure in the UK to administer this or to even police it. Even though the govt and CAA have rolled out these new regulations, there are no additional resources available to the police so even if they see a drone flying where it shouldn’t be, they can’t do anything about it anyway. What are they going to do? Follow it by car? Take to the air? Hold up a no fly sign?

As usual, knee jerk legislation with nothing to back it up. We’re pretty good at that in the UK.

Reactions: Arley and PT_Mavic
That's hardly specific to drones though... you could say that about a lot of things you can buy from the local retailer. I don't see them adding extra safeguards to cars because crazies keep driving them into people.
or UHaul trucks in order to blow up City Blocks.

I've heard something like this was coming. Where the drone will send a electronic signature, so anyone can tell who owns it.

And if it happens, like NFZ, it'll be ripped right out and tossed onto the totalitarian trash heap.

I wouldn’t doubt that tighter restrictions are coming for commercial drone manufacturers. I can see government imposed limiters on technology on foreseeable different UAS class of licensing. DGI (DJI) maybe trying to save their future by self regulation. We know what happens when the government steps in.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DJI drones would modify flight restrictions based on what country you’re in or flight area.

Like i said i was shocked myself and have since left the company. These will come into force before the new year as they now see them as a terrorist threat After recent events. With apps like lichi or other apps that can be pre-programmed routes are on higher priority to be pushed out. The drone company’s have no choice but to comply or there products will not be allowed into the country for sale. Uk and us all agree on this. I have the proof but since leaving have had to sign a contract to not disclose what i know for 12 months so this is about as much as i can say without being sued

In your post you said you were out of contract. Now you say you are still under contract. You should keep up with your various lies.

Reactions: Kilrah
You are bang on target imo. For me it was not so much the grammar but the presentation of the post. Any expat working in a management role for DJI would be expected to have written communication skills of a very high level. As others have pointed out how many on here would put up a post without previewing it and correcting DGI type mistakes ?
Someone looking for their moment in the spotlight imo
be careful, on the internet you can often be talking to someone who is using their 3rd or 4th language.

and you'd be surprised how many people i know have skills that are valuable and well paid in their companies, that do not include writing releases for public consumption.

Reactions: conchman
It will always be possible to make modifications, especially if you are planning use it in an attack.
Alternatively assemble your own from off the shelf parts.
As usual they are three steps behind trying to control an imaginary issue while everything has moved on and their legislation is largely irrelevant.
It's much the same whenever governing bodies dabble with IT.
You have a FAKE SCREEN NAME, how will DJI know you leaked to sue you? Something does not sound right with your statement.I cannot see what your stating coming true without them disclosing it first.DJI would face tons of lawsuits themselves if they failed to divulge that customers buying their products no longer can use Third Party Applications.If DJI did announce such a law or rule their market would take a huge hit, almost everyone I know with a drone uses some type of third party app.Thus the reason why we Drone flyers in the US have to register our drones before flying them to begin with... Unless I see a link posted somewhere of what you just stated above, or I hear it from someone credible that doesn't have a Mavic Pilots account that was started yesterday I may believe it a little.

Hmmm... Well using a term like "Sod the lot of you", you just gave yourself away as being a Brit, since the Yanks don't use that terminology. And you did clarify to us that you were not in the UK. Plus the contract with DJI ending with the military has been common knowledge for almost a year. So nothing new there for us to learn

Strange I read a while back about US defence cancelling with DJI but on last nights news the Aus army were showing off their new DJI drones.
Apparently we just bought a couple of thousand of em.
Wouldn't mind betting we bought second hand from the US.
Our defence forces usually do - just look at the F111s.

I think most people can guess in the UK that the registration process for all drones at the tail end of next year will probably involve a registration fee of some form, probably payable annually so really, it’s just the government taxing flyers. As usual, we get all this wrapped up in the nation security / terrorism blanket - nothing new there. Truth is that drones can be built from the ground up (no pun intended) with easily purchased components so someone really wanted to go off the grid, it’s a pretty easy thing anyway.

The 0 to 400ft zone may become important at some point but right now, we have no infrastructure in the UK to administer this or to even police it. Even though the govt and CAA have rolled out these new regulations, there are no additional resources available to the police so even if they see a drone flying where it shouldn’t be, they can’t do anything about it anyway. What are they going to do? Follow it by car? Take to the air? Hold up a no fly sign?

As usual, knee jerk legislation with nothing to back it up. We’re pretty good at that in the UK.
And we're flamin' (edited) good at that in Australia, too!
Bloomin' (edited) taxes!
Feral (edited) govt lead paranoia!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent