DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The lock down

dazzer71

Reactions
As an insider up to 3 months ago who works for DGI in the UK. I can now talk as I’m out of contract. All drone laws are changing whether you are in UK to US or Europe. Having friends that still work for the DJI. I can inform you that all updates to DJ I drone will have to be done through the app and no other third-party apps. These changes are going to come about to comply with all laws . The DJ I Mavic pro two contrary to what you have been told was delayed to have some changes in the software and hardware to comply with the new laws which will be brought into effect by the end of the year. This is something that will affect all drones and all manufacturers of drones that want to sell their products in these markets. All third-party apps will be locked out .Thank you and you heard it here first

As an insider up to 3 months ago who works for DGI in the UK. I can now talk as I’m out of contract. All drone laws are changing whether you are in UK to US or Europe. Having friends that still work for the DJI. I can inform you that all updates to DJ I drone will have to be done through the app and no other third-party apps. These changes are going to come about to comply with all laws . The DJ I Mavic pro two contrary to what you have been told was delayed to have some changes in the software and hardware to comply with the new laws which will be brought into effect by the end of the year. This is something that will affect all drones and all manufacturers of drones that want to sell their products in these markets. All third-party apps will be locked out .Thank you and you heard it here first
My only question is, "who the heck is DGI?"

THANKS DAZZER71

THE MAN MADE AN HONEST MISTAKE. HES TRYING TO LET US AVID FLIERS WHATS GOING ON IN OUR HOBBY. if it wasn't for people like him we would ALL be in the dark AND IF IT WASNT FOR COMMENTS LIKE THAT THERE WOULD BE ALOT MORE PEOPLE ASKING QUESTIONS BUT FEAR RUDE RESULTS.
Shouting is not necessary.

And the OP has provided no information that would indicate that what he has posted is factual.

that wasn't my point. the man made an honest mistake, it had NOTHING to do with fact or fiction people are always ready to jump on people.
Okay, but you said. "HES TRYING TO LET US AVID FLIERS WHATS GOING ON IN OUR HOBBY".

The OP does not sound in any way shape or form like someone who knows "what's going on in our hobby" anymore than some random guy on the street.

Like i said i was shocked myself and have since left the company. These will come into force before the new year as they now see them as a terrorist threat After recent events. With apps like lichi or other apps that can be pre-programmed routes are on higher priority to be pushed out. The drone company’s have no choice but to comply or there products will not be allowed into the country for sale. Uk and us all agree on this. I have the proof but since leaving have had to sign a contract to not disclose what i know for 12 months so this is about as much as i can say without being sued

It will always be possible to make modifications, especially if you are planning use it in an attack.
Alternatively assemble your own from off the shelf parts.
As usual they are three steps behind trying to control an imaginary issue while everything has moved on and their legislation is largely irrelevant.
It's much the same whenever governing bodies dabble with IT.

Really you know so much insider info on UK and US drone regulation changes? I doubt it.

Reactions: KentA
I was not aware that DJI even had a UK operation? According to DJI's website the only european office is in Germany.

The only new drone law coming into force in the UK is not due till Nov 2019, and that will cover registration and competency training. So this story seems somewhat unlikely, though I would not be surprised if at some point in the future they do prevent use of Litchi etc.

Reactions: kentfin
I do not work in the uk or the us. My job was involved with the legislation side of things as a representative of the company. Your right in saying dji do not have a uk base. But there is plans for the future as this is a quickly expanding market. Consumer drones are now at a priority as the tech has advanced to a stage where any tom,****, or harry could buy one from the local retailer which could be easily modified into a weapon of some sorts. Recently the us army has stopped all business with dji who supplied the military with drones but according to reports ive seen the Chinese government was tracking them without them knowing so they have torn up the contracts

I do not work in the uk or the us. My job was involved with the legislation side of things as a representative of the company. Your right in saying dji do not have a uk base. But there is plans for the future as this is a quickly expanding market. Consumer drones are now at a priority as the tech has advanced to a stage where any tom,****, or harry could buy one from the local retailer which could be easily modified into a weapon of some sorts. Recently the us army has stopped all business with dji who supplied the military with drones but according to reports ive seen the Chinese government was tracking them without them knowing so they have torn up the contracts

Just your statement there about the US military use of DJI equipment suggests strongly to me that you have little or no accurate inside information on this subject. And with respect to your first post, updating the aircraft and flying the aircraft are, obviously, completely different functions. Updates are already via DJI apps, not third party software.

the tech has advanced to a stage where any tom,****, or harry could buy one from the local retailer which could be easily modified into a weapon of some sorts.

That's hardly specific to drones though... you could say that about a lot of things you can buy from the local retailer. I don't see them adding extra safeguards to cars because crazies keep driving them into people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute