DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The lock down

Nobody was looking in that woman's window. Besides, there is no window where the quadcopter was.
People have a false perception of what can he seen with the cameras on these things. I have tried looking into my own front window with my Phantom and Mavic, you can't see anything. Unless I get inches from the glass. Then it's do loud it would wake the whole house up. Even then, unless all the lights inside are on, I can't see in. With the lights off, what I see in the Mavics lights reflecting off the glass.
This lady probably thinks her neighbors watch her with binoculars and a telescope. If they don't, they could see a lot more using one of those.
I know, I agree with you completely. I just wanted to point out that the news media has nothing good to say about hobbyists even if it's BS.
See this speedy new drone make a delivery without remote control
This is an excellent system by the way and has done quite a few deliveries. Now if you wanna watch this same show on monday the 20th and see what they have to say about weaponized drones stay tuned.

That definitely does happen but, in this case, none of the OP's assertions were really credible.

Maybe, but it's just the tone of some of the replies.
Now, if someone does want to post some info that could be important or happens to be an ex DJI employee wanting to pass on something, they'll take one look at this and wonder why they should bother.

I'm find this thread slightly irritating.
In most countries I've lived in legislation is not made in secret behind closed doors with employees of a foreign company involved. Now I don't know about the uk and its system, but from what I understand the processes involved are at least right now still very similar than other eu countries.
Id expect there to be public material, recording of debates, drafts of the new laws etc to be available, if this was actually as set and done as op suggests

Also the part about being in the spotlight because of "footage from military drones" uhm.. Nope? Dji drones got banned by various militaries because some smartasses thought it to be a good idea to use the very same civilian dji drones we all use for military purposes, ignoring that the software of those drones does send data to dji (such as flight logs) and the technology not being vetted or hardened for military use. Basically similar risks as the military has with fitness trackers.

Reactions: sar104
Maybe, but it's just the tone of some of the replies.
Now, if someone does want to post some info that could be important or happens to be an ex DJI employee wanting to pass on something, they'll take one look at this and wonder why they should bother.

Agreed, but internet discussion forums are not, generally, paragons of civility. It goes with the territory.

Like i said i was shocked myself and have since left the company. These will come into force before the new year as they now see them as a terrorist threat After recent events. With apps like lichi or other apps that can be pre-programmed routes are on higher priority to be pushed out. The drone company’s have no choice but to comply or there products will not be allowed into the country for sale. Uk and us all agree on this. I have the proof but since leaving have had to sign a contract to not disclose what i know for 12 months so this is about as much as i can say without being sued
earlier you said your contract had expired so you can now say this.

I don’t doubt your alert is authentic the EU is screwed up that’s why you had Brexit. My only comment and I direct it to DJI if you make changes to your product which prohibits modifications of app enhancements you should start considering selling bicycles. I think as you are no longer an “insider” you should be more specific to the changes. I’m not critical to you or your alert just to the lack of specifics. If you could spell out just what the changes are we could all contact DJI and confirm as well as protest. Just my two cents.

All third-party apps will be locked out .

That's hilarious; thanks! DJI also thought firmware 1.04.0100 was "locked" from mods and reverting to earlier versions. Yeah, that lasted about 2-3 weeks as I recall, before the dam completely burst.

I remain grateful, however, that I'm a citizen and not a subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRoach
The more DJI tightens down the less business they will have. I don't see them staying in the consumer market long if this is their direction. Again, it's not up to corporations to govern. I would really like the new Mavic 2 with the one inch sensor but it's just not worth the frustration any longer. I no longer buy DJI. Too many other options now.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
The more DJI tightens down the less business they will have. I don't see them staying in the consumer market long if this is their direction. Again, it's not up to corporations to govern. I would really like the new Mavic 2 with the one inch sensor but it's just not worth the frustration any longer. I no longer buy DJI. Too many other options now.

What do you use instead?

FYI, you can type **** when used as a name like Tom and Harry. its short for Richard, not a sex organ.
this shows your age a bit.
ha ha ha the page will not let me type ****
Sorry, I thought it was you doing it.
You can't even type hell , It's heck in this forum....ha.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121