DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The magically disappearing connection

DavidGlennPDX

Reactions
My app, running on an android has decided it likes disconnecting from time to time for no real reason. The craft is plenty close and for the third time the app, though not the controller decided to disconnect and not reconnect until the app was closed and restarted.
So, I am feeling like maybe getting a used Iphone dedicated to the Mavic.
My question is, what is the oldest Iphone I can use smoothly? I am not too worried about size or even crystal clear image on the phone itself, just connection stability.

My app, running on an android has decided it likes disconnecting from time to time for no real reason. The craft is plenty close and for the third time the app, though not the controller decided to disconnect and not reconnect until the app was closed and restarted.
My question is, what is the oldest Iphone I can use smoothly? I am not too worried about size or even crystal clear image on the phone itself, just connection stability.

Have you tried another USB cable ?

Reactions: Splinter
Different versions of Android (Samsung, Google, One+, etc) react to GO 4 differently. Different cables and connectors, as Anthony has noted can cause issues too. Just bumping a cheap cable or one with ends that aren't quite good can disconnect too.

But to your iPhone question... I think the limiting factor is something that will run 11.1.2 (6 or 6S?) will work.

iPhone SE but the screen is small.

Check iPhone 6 plus for bigger screen.

Perhaps a different version of Go 4 would work on your Android. 4.1.15 works well for me.

Make sure you force-close all apps prior to starting DJI Go 4.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE
Also get an app that erases duplicate files, DJI GO4 makes a lot of duplicates. I have found that erasing them gives me a stable app. Just to be safe I also run greenify which closes or hibernates all background apps. Good luck.

Not all cables are the same, there are charging cables, and data cables......
Like the little cables you see for sale at the gas station counter turnstiles, or the 7-11.
Krap.....
Make sure you use a high quality "Data" cable....

Search for APKpure on the interwebs of things. you should find alot of the older versions out there.
Also, you can search "Digdat0" on Youtube, and he has resources to go all the way back to .200 for the Mavic AC. And links to a mirror site that has all the "legacy" versions of AC and RC firmware levels.
This without Jailbreaking the bird......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead