DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro The Mavic 2 pro is amazing at Long Exposure Photography. Please post your long exposure shots and let us know your settings.

Sunset in the City 01232019. 2 second exposure.
625e5278fac27e98705fe0fc5c01d7e2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there,

Talking about the first picture, If the ideia was the trafic lights from cars, it was a good shot. If not, it's not that good. Everything else is very dark, you almost can't see details on everything else besides trafic lights.

About the 2nd photo, much, much better.

My 2 cents

Reactions: PS01
Hi there,

Talking about the first picture, If the ideia was the trafic lights from cars, it was a good shot. If not, it's not that good. Everything else is very dark, you almost can't see details on everything else besides trafic lights.

My 2 cents

Thanks for your honest critique. I agree. Here is another version with some post exposure adjustments made on my phone. Next time I may try a darker graduated ND and shoot a few minutes earlier in order to better expose the foreground.

510995204b3d9b6841473e8f943c5bb9.jpg

Absolutely. I use LE photography in all my hyperlapses, albeit 1/2 to 1 second exposures as opposed to 4 or 8 seconds. Here is a hyperlapse I shot right after the photo:

Cool! I got to try this with my Mavic Air some day.

Reactions: SteveCA
Hi there,

My 2 cents
Just hit Shadows in Photoshop RAW (found in Filters) to bring out a bit more detail. Although I think I like it dark. Make it look like whatever you want. It is your art.

Most beautiful shot. How did you manage to get the image so sharp with 8 seconds shutter? I've tried but majority of the images gets blurry.

You have inspired me to go out and try some more.

Thanks

Just hit Shadows in Photoshop RAW (found in Filters) to bring out a bit more detail. Although I think I like it dark. Make it look like whatever you want. It is your art.

It’s a toss up for me between a lightened version versus a dark one. cool thing is that we can have both.

Most beautiful shot. How did you manage to get the image so sharp with 8 seconds shutter? I've tried but majority of the images gets blurry.

You have inspired me to go out and try some more.

Thanks

Thank you! When I do LE shots, I always take multiple shots using the 3 shot burst mode. usually one will come out sharp. It is also wind dependent. If I get high wind warnings, I am usually limited to 2-4 second shots as 8 may be too long to be sharp, but if conditions are calm, I have no problems getting sharp 8 second shots. Give it a try and post your results! Cheers!

I used to do a lot of photography but now I'm a newbie in drones, my guestion is has anyone tried a L. E. On a watrfall and how did it turn out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000