Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

The Mavic 2 pro is amazing at Long Exposure Photography. Please post your long exposure shots and let us know your settings.

SnowSkier

Reaction score
Hi there,

Talking about the first picture, If the ideia was the trafic lights from cars, it was a good shot. If not, it's not that good. Everything else is very dark, you almost can't see details on everything else besides trafic lights.

About the 2nd photo, much, much better.

My 2 cents

SteveCA

Reaction score
Hi there,

Talking about the first picture, If the ideia was the trafic lights from cars, it was a good shot. If not, it's not that good. Everything else is very dark, you almost can't see details on everything else besides trafic lights.

My 2 cents
Thanks for your honest critique. I agree. Here is another version with some post exposure adjustments made on my phone. Next time I may try a darker graduated ND and shoot a few minutes earlier in order to better expose the foreground.

Mavic_Dan

Reaction score
Loc
Singapore
Absolutely. I use LE photography in all my hyperlapses, albeit 1/2 to 1 second exposures as opposed to 4 or 8 seconds. Here is a hyperlapse I shot right after the photo:

Cool! I got to try this with my Mavic Air some day.

Reactions: SteveCA

TheRock

Reaction score
Hi there,

My 2 cents
Just hit Shadows in Photoshop RAW (found in Filters) to bring out a bit more detail. Although I think I like it dark. Make it look like whatever you want. It is your art.

Neo

Reaction score
Most beautiful shot. How did you manage to get the image so sharp with 8 seconds shutter? I've tried but majority of the images gets blurry.

You have inspired me to go out and try some more.

Thanks

SteveCA

Reaction score
Just hit Shadows in Photoshop RAW (found in Filters) to bring out a bit more detail. Although I think I like it dark. Make it look like whatever you want. It is your art.
It’s a toss up for me between a lightened version versus a dark one. cool thing is that we can have both.

SteveCA

Reaction score
One of my favorite pics from the M2P was this one. 5 seconds looking straight down. Iso 100 F11.
Very cool shot. I’m going to try this on a very colorful intersection next time out. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: davemex

SteveCA

Reaction score
Most beautiful shot. How did you manage to get the image so sharp with 8 seconds shutter? I've tried but majority of the images gets blurry.

You have inspired me to go out and try some more.

Thanks
Thank you! When I do LE shots, I always take multiple shots using the 3 shot burst mode. usually one will come out sharp. It is also wind dependent. If I get high wind warnings, I am usually limited to 2-4 second shots as 8 may be too long to be sharp, but if conditions are calm, I have no problems getting sharp 8 second shots. Give it a try and post your results! Cheers!

Rambler22

Reaction score
Loc
N.E. Alabama
I used to do a lot of photography but now I'm a newbie in drones, my guestion is has anyone tried a L. E. On a watrfall and how did it turn out?