Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

The Mavic 2 pro is amazing at Long Exposure Photography. Please post your long exposure shots and let us know your settings.

SteveCA

Reaction score
I have to give a shoutout to bmroche, the forum member that 1st showed me that multisecond exposures were possible with this drone!

izzca

Reaction score
I have to give a shoutout to bmroche, the forum member that 1st showed me that multisecond exposures were possible with this drone!
I do LE a lot with my DLSR and one of the things I have thought of before I got my MP2 was this exactly especially with the adjustable aperture size... On the other hand, I wish it could go smaller like up to f/22 so sunburst shots will be more defined than this one I took below!20190106-DJI_0195-2.JPG

Reactions: Torcan and Porky

SteveCA

Reaction score
I do LE a lot with my DLSR and one of the things I have thought of before I got my MP2 was this exactly especially with the adjustable aperture size... On the other hand, I wish it could go smaller like up to f/22 so sunburst shots will be more defined than this one I took below!View attachment 60763
Gorgeous shot! I suspect that DJI didn’t go beyond F11 because the lens is already very soft at F11. But it doesn’t matter for sunburst style shots.

Porky

One day it’ll all come together..
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Essex, England
I’ve posted this just so I can learn everything from you guys. Now I’ll get updates when people post. Great thread Steve.

I’ll post some photos if I have any luck taking them, keep up the good work, to all;)

Reactions: SteveCA

Neo

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips. I'll post as soon as I have something good.

Well appreciated.

SteveCA

Reaction score
You're welcome! Amazing how steady this thing is. Wish it could go longer than 8 secs in camera.
I hope DJI realizes this and allows longer exposures in future firmware releases

SteveCA

Reaction score
This is with the 9-stop Freewell ND at sunset. It's nuts that the drone can stay still for that long.

View attachment 60823
Awesome capture! I love long exposure water shots like this! Who would have thought we could do these types of shots without a tripod???? Simply fantastic. Makes me so happy to be alive during these amazing times as a photographer!

SPtheALIEN

Reaction score
Awesome capture! I love long exposure water shots like this! Who would have thought we could do these types of shots without a tripod???? Simply fantastic. Makes me so happy to be alive during these amazing times as a photographer!
Thanks! Here's another one.

I will say this--you do have a high percentage of soft frames. Especially along the coast, when there's a gentle breeze, you will need to take a few images to hopefully get one that works.45085064_1894977943889986_4065794657198538752_o.jpg

SteveCA

Reaction score
Thanks! Here's another one.

I will say this--you do have a high percentage of soft frames. Especially along the coast, when there's a gentle breeze, you will need to take a few images to hopefully get one that works.View attachment 60831
Yes, that is a good thing to point out. I always take 3-5 shot burst in order to hopefully get some sharp ones. Many will be soft but we can usually get a few sharp ones. I’ve gotten some sharp 4 second shots in 15-25mph winds but threw away tons of blurry shots. Good thing we aren’t shooting film lol...

Lougopal

Reaction score
Here is my first long exposure shot that got me hooked on LE photography.

4 seconds shot at the height of rush hour traffic, hence the relatively short light streaks on the upper deck of the Bay Bridge.
Wow ! That’s a beauty.