DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro The Mavic 2 pro is amazing at Long Exposure Photography. Please post your long exposure shots and let us know your settings.

I have to give a shoutout to bmroche, the forum member that 1st showed me that multisecond exposures were possible with this drone!

I have to give a shoutout to bmroche, the forum member that 1st showed me that multisecond exposures were possible with this drone!

I do LE a lot with my DLSR and one of the things I have thought of before I got my MP2 was this exactly especially with the adjustable aperture size... On the other hand, I wish it could go smaller like up to f/22 so sunburst shots will be more defined than this one I took below!20190106-DJI_0195-2.JPG

I do LE a lot with my DLSR and one of the things I have thought of before I got my MP2 was this exactly especially with the adjustable aperture size... On the other hand, I wish it could go smaller like up to f/22 so sunburst shots will be more defined than this one I took below!View attachment 60763

Gorgeous shot! I suspect that DJI didn’t go beyond F11 because the lens is already very soft at F11. But it doesn’t matter for sunburst style shots.

I’ve posted this just so I can learn everything from you guys. Now I’ll get updates when people post. Great thread Steve.

I’ll post some photos if I have any luck taking them, keep up the good work, to all;)

Reactions: SteveCA
Thank you for the tips. I'll post as soon as I have something good.

Well appreciated.

This is with the 9-stop Freewell ND at sunset. It's nuts that the drone can stay still for that long.

View attachment 60823

Awesome capture! I love long exposure water shots like this! Who would have thought we could do these types of shots without a tripod???? Simply fantastic. Makes me so happy to be alive during these amazing times as a photographer!

Awesome capture! I love long exposure water shots like this! Who would have thought we could do these types of shots without a tripod???? Simply fantastic. Makes me so happy to be alive during these amazing times as a photographer!

Thanks! Here's another one.

I will say this--you do have a high percentage of soft frames. Especially along the coast, when there's a gentle breeze, you will need to take a few images to hopefully get one that works.45085064_1894977943889986_4065794657198538752_o.jpg

Thanks! Here's another one.

I will say this--you do have a high percentage of soft frames. Especially along the coast, when there's a gentle breeze, you will need to take a few images to hopefully get one that works.View attachment 60831

Yes, that is a good thing to point out. I always take 3-5 shot burst in order to hopefully get some sharp ones. Many will be soft but we can usually get a few sharp ones. I’ve gotten some sharp 4 second shots in 15-25mph winds but threw away tons of blurry shots. Good thing we aren’t shooting film lol...

Here is a different use for long shutter exposures. Just trying different creative ideas. Shot while pulling up

5943e4839536cd09a8e1db1869c5ffa5.jpg

Here is my first long exposure shot that got me hooked on LE photography.

4 seconds shot at the height of rush hour traffic, hence the relatively short light streaks on the upper deck of the Bay Bridge.
bfb0125e784af3784f3c29bb90caf544.jpg
Wow ! That’s a beauty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000