DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro The Mavic 2 pro is amazing at Long Exposure Photography. Please post your long exposure shots and let us know your settings.

SteveCA

Reactions
This was an 8 second exposure, iso 100, F 2.8, taken with a 3 stop gradient ND filter in Northern California.
4afe60648dbf7749093a5d3fdbd6658b.jpg

Dude Great photo! @SteveCA and great idea for another fun thread. Was also very pleased to see your camera settings.

I've not yet delved into the world of long exposure photography but will be giving it a go tomorrow.
Pz

Reactions: SteveCA
Dude Great photo! @SteveCA and great idea for another fun thread. Was also very pleased to see your camera settings.

I've not yet delved into the world of long exposure photography but will be giving it a go tomorrow.
Pz

Thanks! I love shooting long exposure photos with this drone. It is crazy that it can stay still enough for a long exposure like this!

What ND filter did you use? I have been looking online and seen a nice set by PolarPro for long exposures

This was an 8 second exposure, iso 100, F 2.8, taken with a 3 stop gradient ND filter in Northern California.
4afe60648dbf7749093a5d3fdbd6658b.jpg
Awesome shot!!!!!!
I want to start doing some LE photos... I can't say photography because I'm so horrible they are just shots! :)

Curious, and maybe a stupid question, but is the dark side of your gradient filter on the right side?

Awesome shot!!!!!!
I want to start doing some LE photos... I can't say photography because I'm so horrible they are just shots! :)

Curious, and maybe a stupid question, but is the dark side of your gradient filter on the right side?

No the filter was oriented dark on top and clear on the bottom. I added a bit of vignetting in PS to get the effect I was looking for.

Another cool shot! Would have made an amazing hyperlapse.

Do you know if it's possible to use these techniques with a time-lapse sequence?

Reactions: alvarobaja
Another cool shot! Would have made an amazing hyperlapse.

Do you know if it's possible to use these techniques with a time-lapse sequence?

Absolutely. I use LE photography in all my hyperlapses, albeit 1/2 to 1 second exposures as opposed to 4 or 8 seconds. Here is a hyperlapse I shot right after the photo:

Cool! Love the hyperlapse dude. I'm going to be freezing my balls off tomorrow trying all this out somewhere lol
No need to freeze. I fly all my hyperlapses from inside the comforts of my truck. Occusync 2 is phenomenal and you will not have any problems with signal while flying your hyperlapses. Ive tested it out to over 10,000 feet over open water with 4 bars of signal strength the whole way. I've even put the controller down below my dash, near my feet with the drone 5000 feet out and still got 5 bars of signal. It is rock soid even with my engine running to keep warm in the truck lol. Its that stable! YMMV though so be sure to keep an eye on your signal strength meter!

Is Occusync automatic or is it something we must add on?

Did you also have an ND filter on for the hyperlapse video?

And finally, what is the name of the gradient filter? I am assuming it is a gradient and not a line going thru the filter?

Thanks

Reactions: alvarobaja
Is Occusync automatic or is it something we must add on?

Did you also have an ND filter on for the hyperlapse video?

Thanks

This hyperlapse was shot before I got the gradient filters. Occusync was first introduced on the Mavic Pro. The Mavic 2’s have Occusync 2 ( second generation) and it is crazy good imo.

the filter is a PolarPro ND 8 Gradient, 3 stops to clear in the bottom

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato