DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini The Mavic Mini 2 is not an entry level drone.

Thanks.
Nice video.

I do have a question..... what would you consider an Entry Level Drone? What makes one Entry level vs NOT Entry Level?
Such a difficult question in many ways. The thing is if you want to film wildlife there is no drone as small and as quiet as the MM2. It can get very close without spooking them. So on one level the MM can be seen as entry level, yet it is the best drone to capture fauna.

I assumed that John meant that as it has very good features including the camera not because of how easy or difficult it is to fly.
I have an MA2 and some might not call it an entry level drone BT despite it being my first real drone (I had one which cost around $50 which is a toy) I did not find it difficult to 'master'.

Yes Jarnie and for recording fauna there is not a better drone because it is so quiet and unobtrusive. And it has a zoom function. I have tried many drones and only with the MM2 can I get really close without spooking them. I do not know of another drone that could do that. So if you are a professional "animal watcher" or an animator the MM2 would have to be your choice. The MM can also get into places other drones just could not. There are some waterfalls I want to video but it involves very tight places again only the MM could do it. And the MM2 camera is pretty good.
I am not saying the MM2 is a professional drone, all I am saying that is the only choice in specific areas such as animals and tight areas it is excellent.

Last edited:
Nice video.
Did anyone else notice the "watercolor effect" in some of the details such as shrubs and some trees?
If this is the drone and not YouTube processing DJI should be ashamed that they still have this CODEC issue since the original MP.

What you can afford and feel comfortable with. I own two MP's and looking to buy a MM2, just because I want too. Its a personal decision.
Been talking about buying one for over a year now, still listening to the comments from pilots that own a MM2.

Been talking about buying one for over a year now, still listening to the comments from pilots that own a MM2.
Hi SpitFire,
I own te mini since a couple of weeks. Conclusion: I am completly satisfied, it´s an amazing "toy" but a serious one! The results are fantastic, the handling of the drone is easy, but of course one has to make some exercises by playing around with all the functions. Little by little one becomes better!
If you are still hesitating I can only tell you, go for it and you will not regret it, bet?
BTW, no, I get any bonuns from DJI ?
cheers Paul

Reactions: SpitFire
The Mavic Mini 2 is not an entry level drone. It is very quiet, now has a 4K camera with a 2X Zoom with a smooth roller button (while holding down the fn key). At 1080p it can zoom in 4X. It is quiet and small enough to be unobtrusive to wildlife. Bells Rapids, Western Australia.
Stayed in a place called Brigadoon and visited there a few years ago.
Looked a lot different with a lot more water flowing.
Loved it.

Stayed in a place called Brigadoon and visited there a few years ago.
Looked a lot different with a lot more water flowing.
Loved it.
Thank you for your Reply, now have to sell some photography stuff to buy this little Bird.

Reactions: TommyP

The Mavic Mini 2 is not an entry level drone. It is very quiet, now has a 4K camera with a 2X Zoom with a smooth roller button (while holding down the fn key). At 1080p it can zoom in 4X. It is quiet and small enough to be unobtrusive to wildlife. Bells Rapids, Western Australia.
Excellent navigation, were you wearing goggles connected to a smart controller?

(oops, I just notice that the video was dated prior to SC inclusion)

Nice navigation!!

Epic, John!

Reactions: John Gowland

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c