DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Mini SDK was released today...

As @RogerDH mentioned, Dronelink may be the solution to this. This from the Dronelink support site: Upgrade to DJI Mobile SDK 4.13 (with Mavic Mini support). The mission (with waypoints) is stored in the app rather than the drone and apparently works by sending commands to the drone in flight. This could be a game changer for the Mini.
Yes, even with no waypoint in the SDK, implementing a waypoint with virtual joystick would be a piece of cake for a good developer. It's as simple as implementing a close loop between commands (Joystick) and measurements (GPS position)...

Last edited:
I suspect that most people with the Mini are recreational users so the one-off cost would apply.

Litchi currently costs $22.99. That looks like being for an app which doesn't give missions (waypoints) which would primarily be what I'm looking for.
I bought in 2015 summer.

Dont really care about waypoints, need follow me added! Do either of them support that?

Rainbow DJI seems to have it but when I tried to use it with my MM it asked me a subscription which costs about 20€ annually.

Hopefully we’ll be seeing some of the features people have been asking for via 3rd party development now.
As far as I understood from the guy who develop a flight planning App (Tap2Map) , this SDK is not allowing waypoints (WPT)... If this is the case, this means that neither this app, nor Litchi will be able to schedule image triggering at a precise position, because this are WPTs...
So this SDK will only allow to use and see the camera imagery (and probably manually trigger) through the 3rd party App? Looks like...
Big disapointment !...

It would be a wait but I bought it on Black Friday and gifted it to a friend at Christmas. It is a wonderful piece of software with various functions while flying points of interest(poi's)

What’s better litchi or hammer, assuming they both are working on the sdk integration for the mm.

Neither work with the new SDK - nor will they as far as I understand...

Dronelink does because it's the only solution with it's own flight controller that leverages the new DJI SDK which supports the Mini.

Since the sdk doesn’t allow waypoints I wonder if Dronelink missions will fail if the drone loses signal with the crontroller. I bought it to try it out. It only does waypoint missions from what I can tell.

Since the sdk doesn’t allow waypoints I wonder if Dronelink missions will fail if the drone loses signal with the crontroller. I bought it to try it out. It only does waypoint missions from what I can tell.
It will fail and bail on its mission mid-flight. Can't figure out the point of the app considering that.

Dronelink has no follow me mode. It can do waypoints and maneuvers like circle and rising helix. Also 360° composites. It’s a very robust piece of kit but it does require a continuous connection to the drone.

It will fail and bail on its mission mid-flight. Can't figure out the point of the app considering that.
Really? Perhaps some people use missions to deliberately fly beyond control range, but it seems to me, continuing a mission after loss of contact is a very bad idea, and it's also illegal. You need to monitor missions and be ready and able to abort.

Reactions: maelstrom
Let's not forget the class the Mini is marketed for. It makes sense it doesn't support waypoints.

In models that so support waypoints, the mission gets uploaded to the AC, and the AC flies it. Some models you had to fly the mission to record the points. That was why Litchi became popular because you could create your mission even on your PC, then upload and fly it.

Later models you could natively pre-program your mission but only within the app.

Well I don’t know what programming waypoint mission that keeps doing the mission with out needs but I definitely believe the mini is fully capable of doing autonomous missions. As discussion of using the homepoint as a waypoint i was able to successfully scan my relatives land without signal to controller being a varible .. picked a good central location for a landing with lots of room for error. Took mini to corner of the property and after launch I changed the homepoint it was about 6km away I initiated rth and it took off .. i set a pretty high rth altitude to give me extra time while it climbed and lowerd To get to the homepoint on quad and take control before it land. Not something I would feel comfortable doing in random locations and this was planned out but changing homepoint as a waypoint isn’t something I would advise because if something happens to the signal and ur homepoint is not a good place its gonna go there. If you don’t change the homepoint BEFORE it starts the decent/landing it won’t stop landing unless u cancel but as far as i can tell if I change the homepoint while its still heading to the spot it is I’ll register and change the course. ( I mabye cancelled and restarted rth) i dunno ill have to test it someday this was a unique situation and it worked for scanning the property.. point is that we all know that if dji wanted to let the Mini have follow me abd waypoints its definitely capeable...

I have a question is it possible to have two controllers connected to the mini? Like when i was doing the land scan i was thinking what if I had a second controllerand a friend at the landing location and i let it go i would he be able to take control once its in range of his controller?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000