DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Pro in fcc mode is absolutely brilliant

GavieboyDji

Reactions
Just come back from flying 4 batteries first time flights using fcc mode and what a beast and blast

Turned off obstacles avoidance and just blasted about 4 thousand feet away without one glitch video downlink was rock solid and smooth as butter.

That obstacle avoidance proper holds back the Mavic I never have it on when flying above 200feet just always make sure your rth is set to 200 to 300 feet and as long as there isn't any high rise building anywhere you don't need the thing switched on.

It's absolutely gusting with wind in the UK with this storm and the mavic handled it like a little champ. So glad I bought the pro than the air now. Brilliant machine the Mavic Pro.

Just come back from flying 4 batteries first time flights using fcc mode and what a beast and blast

Turned off obstacles avoidance and just blasted about 4 thousand feet away without one glitch video downlink was rock solid and smooth as butter.

That obstacle avoidance proper holds back the Mavic I never have it on when flying above 200feet just always make sure your rth is set to 200 to 300 feet and as long as there isn't any high rise building anywhere you don't need the thing switched on.

It's absolutely gusting with wind in the UK with this storm and the mavic handled it like a little champ. So glad I bought the pro than the air now. Brilliant machine the Mavic Pro.
so your saying in simple terms turning off the obstacle avoidance gave you better fight distance / view etc etc ? I will be trying this in a huge open area if so .. wind was here in ireland Wednesday .. some dose pal

Reactions: JeanVos
Are you using 0.4W or 1.5W?
2.4GHz or moved to 2.57GHz?

What did you use to switch to FCC?
iOS or Android device?

Would love to do my mavic too, already did my spark.

so your saying in simple terms turning off the obstacle avoidance gave you better fight distance / view etc etc ? I will be trying this in a huge open area if so .. wind was here in ireland Wednesday .. some dose pal
No I'm saying Turing off obstacles avoidance and it's a lot faster

What did you use to switch to FCC?
iOS or Android device?

Would love to do my mavic too, already did my spark.
Android I always use Android on my spark and mavic pro Samsung s8 and I've not had a problem with anything to do with the phone it's always ce mode that gives me problems. I hate flying in ce mode. Especially on the spark.

I just use the mod app or tss and that puts the Mavic Pro into fcc 0.4.
Hi Gavieboy I would like to know how you got your mavic pro into FCC mode. I managed to get my mavic air into FCC using Floater app and it has made the air 200% better. So I would love to do the same with my mavic pro.

Hello

You have attached the DJI GO4 versions for Android and IOS with the highest signal strength.
IOS requires Jailbreak.
The latest functional version is DJI GO V4 4.1.10 for android and also the .DJI.configs file can be used in IOS with the latest functional DJI GO V4 4.1.12 app.

The latest version with the Tweak.js file is DJI GO 4 v4.2.16 app.

On Android, the .DJI.configs file should be added to the :\ Phone \ Android \ data \ dji.go.v7 or \ Android \ data \ dji.go.v4 \ directory. It depends on which version of andoid is on the phone.

On IOS must install the application from the archive, then copy the Tweak.js file to the Documents folder.

To test if it works the FCC mode , put the drone in to an microwave oven ( plug out from power), then connect it to the application. The signal difference will be much more amplified than the standard app.

Android: MEGA

IOS: MEGA

Good luck

Hi Boss, I should have mentioned that I'm using the crystalksky monitor, it uses a different version of android.

For crystalsky I do not know, but I guess it's also android software. You can try to copy the .DJI.configs file as I wrote above. The most important thing is to look for older versions of DJI GO4. The Chinese have blocked these variants on newer versions.

I use only phones with iOS and android.

I also saw in other forums how some users said they have problems with latest firmware released. The force FCC in CE place is not working anymore.

I am still stuck to an old version of FW.

Last edited:
Reactions: davemorts
I am constantly amazed by the number of people who blindly install an app from a completely unknown source, then proceed to click "I Agree" on every permission it asks for to their device.

People, if you didn't mod the app yourself you have NO IDEA what it's doing in the back ground.

For all you know it's harvesting DJI logins. And that's the best case scenario, the worst case doesn't even need explaining.

Please be careful.

I am constantly amazed by the number of people who blindly install an app from a completely unknown source, then proceed to click "I Agree" on every permission it asks for to their device.

People, if you didn't mod the app yourself you have NO IDEA what it's doing in the back ground.

For all you know it's harvesting DJI logins. And that's the best case scenario, the worst case doesn't even need explaining.

Please be careful.

The IOS application was made by me. It can`t do something else then to force the FCC mode .

Now about official applications. Do you know what data collects DJI from your phone? I can say to you if you know to read the scripts added in the standard application and you will be amazed at what goes to the Chinese server. Until another stuff I flew for nearly a year with modified applications and I have not encountered any problems so far. The bird has almost 1,000 km , without disconnecting or shutting down the application.

The IOS application was made by me.

That's kinda my point mate, I don't know you from Adam.

Do you know what data collects DJI from your phone?

Yes.

What I don't know, is what information your app is collecting from my device.

Again, that's kinda my point...

Still, each to their own, if people are willing to install apps of unknown sources on to their devices, then grant those apps all the permissions they ask for, good luck to them eh Thumbswayup

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Okay. I agree with you . But to get some benefits, you also need sacrifices. I have jailbreak since has been launched, and always use it. I always make payments and bank transfers from the same phone. Plus applications with different modifications even from other unknown sources. It did not disappear one cent from my account. The rest does not interest me. Can anyone see my pictures, locations or who knows what other data. It does not bother me because I have nothing to hide.
Returning to the problem with applications from unknown sources. Everyone is using facebook, google, and so on. They all have access to your data that`s sooner or later will be sold. So what are we talking about here?

Who ever wants to test can install apps anyway. For who ever does not trust can learn to modify themselves.Is not hard :)

If you know what data collects DJI, then you can also read the modified and written lines of the posted apps. You can give an opinion if someone else has access to your phone. :D

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98