DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mini 2 - the Swiss Army knife of drones.

I use my drones in a rural area for agricultural use, occasionally in other places for a quick high perspective. I've sold my Spark & Magic Pro Platinum. The Mini 2 does everything I need it to do and so much more portable. Your analogy is clever. It's so easy to carry around and launch, and less costly as innovation continues. I don't miss obstacle avoidance at all.
Even with my Air 2 and Pro 2, I never use obstacle avoidance. I feel that you should be paying attention and engaged in the flight. If you do that, you don't need obstacle avoidance.

Spot on !!! By far, my goto drone. Easy to deploy, a mini tank in the air and zips right along with great video.
I have to admit, my favorite to fly is the Typhoon H, edging out the Mini2 by just a bit. They look so cool and there's something about the oversize controller and the way it looks at night. BUT, I ALWAYS have my Mini2 on me wherever I go.
Again, LOVE the Swiss Army Knife.

Reactions: RandyV
If you use a drone for aerial photography, a GPS drone without waypoint missions is like a Swiss Army knife without a beer bottle opener.
Is there controller SW that let's you run waypoint missions with the Mini-2?

If not, what's the cheapest DJI drone that can run waypoint missions?

Waypoint missions are something that I very early on decided that I wanted to be able to do.

Thx,

TCS

The ability to Zoom in the Picture taking mode is the most under rated advantage over all the other drones.
The Mini 2 can Frame a shot better in the sky , and although you can crop into a picture it is not the same as what you see in the sky. I would pay a lot of money to have that Feature in the mavic 3 so that Mini 2 is an Army of skills.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain , Capture the storm.

DJI_0002-1.jpg

Reactions: GrayHornet
Is there controller SW that let's you run waypoint missions with the Mini-2?

If not, what's the cheapest DJI drone that can run waypoint missions?

Waypoint missions are something that I very early on decided that I wanted to be able to do.

Thx,

TCS
For the Mini 1, there are several apps (Litchi, Dronelink, etc.), but none for the Mini 2 until DJI releases an SDK (software interface) that supports it -- maybe December.

My Mini2 is registered in the UK because of an upcoming trip to Scotland.
great thread.
i just happen to be headed to scotland soon also!
do you have any specific list of places where you're planning to fly?
i understand that central edinburgh is pretty much a no-fly zone.

great thread.
i just happen to be headed to scotland soon also!
do you have any specific list of places where you're planning to fly?
i understand that central edinburgh is pretty much a no-fly zone.
We are headed to the Isle of Skye. There should be some pretty dramatic landscapes up there. We will be in Edinburgh as well but I can't imagine much in the way of uncontrolled air space. The airport is near by as well as a military facility. So the drone won't see action there.

I bought my first drone in September this year, a mini 2. I am a private pilot and have always loved aviation. The ease in flying this drone is unbelievable and a ton of fun. Camera is also very good and I couldn’t be happier. At this point, I can’t even imagine wanting another drone.

There is a pilot on this forum from Scotland that has some amazing videos. I wish I recalled his name. Regardless, I think Scotland will be a fantastic place to fly and film. I am sure the Mini 2 is up to the task. I chose it because I feel the batteries are less of an issue at TSA and I can carry all 6. We will be there in April of 2022. Have a great trip. I'm sure we will have some great posts when we get back.
I fly a lot with my M2P or FPV. I've only had my bag checked once, so the TSA thing is not an issue. But I do love your review - it's exactly what I was looking for in terms of understanding the capability of this before I go to Europe next summer. Probably wait for the Mini 3 and use that.

I own the Mavic 3 and the Air2S. The Mini 2 was a pleasant surprise at what a joy it is to fly. still the cameras on my Mavic 3 and Air2s spoiled me and the difference in the smaller sensor is quite dramatic. So as far as my wall art that I like doing I go for the other two. I have a nice Cannon Pro200 Photo Printer and I just cannot so much justify the Mini 2 images compared to the others. but as far as sheer fun. Gotta love the Mini 2.

Are they sure its not made in America?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21