DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The myth of the 'No Drone Zone' sign...

Good article. I wonder if this one's legit near the 'world-famous' Glenfinnan Viaduct? The sign is at the bottom of the post with the 'nailed-on drones'

GLENFINNAN 2.jpg

Attachments

• GLENFINNAN 1.jpg
    GLENFINNAN 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Good article. I wonder if this one's legit near the 'world-famous' Glenfinnan Viaduct? The sign is at the bottom of the post with the 'nailed-on drones'

View attachment 168664
There's only a yellow warning (fly with caution) detailing a powerline hazard and a railway hazard. No official blue or red zones for miles and miles. Looks like the Private Law has made a decision that crows can have rotors as well as feathers.

Reactions: Richard R
An example of this is ACoE facilities, such as locks and dams. There are signs around some facilities that read "NO DRONE ZONE" but contain no legal language. It's easy enough to fly around and above ACoE locations outside of their boundaries, as it's generally Class G airspace, and I've never had an issue with the ACoE or the FAA. More interestingly, the ACoE has shared a number of my aerial photos on their social media channels.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
There's only a yellow warning (fly with caution) detailing a powerline hazard and a railway hazard. No official blue or red zones for miles and miles. Looks like the Private Law has made a decision that crows can have rotors as well as feathers.
Don't you just love this stuff? You have to spend more time researching than actually flying.

If you look at:
The area comes up as "reported" National Trust site but when I checked this I found nothing. The real answer may appear lower down in the referred article;

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Excellent read. Thanks for sharing

I always figure that there are enough places to fly that we do not have to assert our right to fly there, but when people go out of their way to assert that we do not have a right to fly, that it becomes a net neutral proposition for me. Why fly where I know somebody is going to be sensitive to it? Unless I have no choice and have to fly there to complete a job, I just move along. I figure somebody else will be along to educate them or deal with the challenge of interacting with the sign poster.

Reactions: VikingwithDrones
I always figure that there are enough places to fly that we do not have to assert our right to fly there, but when people go out of their way to assert that we do not have a right to fly, that it becomes a net neutral proposition for me. Why fly where I know somebody is going to be sensitive to it? Unless I have no choice and have to fly there to complete a job, I just move along. I figure somebody else will be along to educate them or deal with the challenge of interacting with the sign poster.
Because after awhile everybody that doesn't like drones puts up a sign even though it's perfectly legal to fly. At some point you have to stick up for yourself

Because after awhile everybody that doesn't like drones puts up a sign even though it's perfectly legal to fly. At some point you have to stick up for yourself
True enough. I agree with you on that. Obviously my mood can fluctuate and just depends on what my energy level is like. In the case of my nasty neighbor, I pushed back. : )

Reactions: Dbez1
They did the same on a summit in Switzerland claiming that you can't fly drones without permission from them which of course is a complete lie according to the federal office of civil aviation

Reactions: rjwmorrell
I presume it's up to the owner of the land to decide if they accept drones taking off and landing. If they own the land and don't allow it, there's not much to be said. Flying over their land is a completely different issue and can only
be stopped by statute.

Reactions: danwnz
These are to protect wild Dolphins. When I said to the ranger I couldn't see any dolphins he said 'I know where they are, they're under the water'.

Attachments

• no-drones.jpg
    no-drones.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 31
  • drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 29
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads