DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The New DJI Mini 3 Pro Launch And Order Status!

@leebroath
Oh, for the UK?
Well ... yeah, most certainly, as the regulations were carried out on a common EU basis while Brexit was not done yet (still a shame).

By the way: CAA doesn't care about my A2 certificate ... that's why the Mini 3 Pro is going to be my partner on my upcoming UK trip instead of my trusty M2P. 😆 So we were quite in the same position, right? 😊

Following Proposed extension to Legacy and Transitional UAS provisions in the Open Category - Civil Aviation Authority - Citizen Space the case is closed soon. But I don't expect anything different than continental Europe even with Brexit "freedoms" - can't beat physics, can you? :p

EDIT: it's stated here clearly:
After 1 January 2023, you can continue to fly a ‘legacy’ unmarked drone in the following categories:

• Drones under 250g can continue to be flown in the A1 sub category.
Source: Drones - flying in the open category | Civil Aviation Authority

Last edited:
Reactions: leebroath
I am still keeping my M2P because all 6 of my batteries are super healthy, the SC works great and I have a hunch having a legacy bird will be advantageous in my area.

But the 48MP raw files and video in vertical have 100% sold me on this not to mention how small and light it is. I ordered the kit with the RC and both fly more kits, figure 3 regular batteries and two extended ones will cover me well.

My hope is I get one with the lens properly centered because the samples on dpreview show theirs being off center and therefore soft on one side.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Hi, I went ahead and ordered the Mini 3 pro through DJI online. This is my first DJI product ever, very new to the sUAS world but not new to RPA in general. I couldn't justify paying about $4500 for the Mavic 3 fly more and RC controller for fear of losing my drone or what have you. I figure I start with this little guy and work my way up. I wish it had the ADS-B, but I can live without it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 8.23.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 8.23.49 AM.png
    677.5 KB · Views: 7
My hope is I get one with the lens properly centered because the samples on dpreview show theirs being off center and therefore soft on one side.
Yeah, let's hope the lens shuffle is not coming back ...
That's my only fear so far.

M2P also stays but likely will phase out sooner than later with the Mini 3 Pro.

@HDSRaptor
Welcome to the club then. You will have a great time, I am sure.

@whazzup
You mean the lateral position lights below the motors?

Reactions: HDSRaptor
My biggest hopes are (coming from and returning my Mavic 3)

No green lens flare when shooting sun rise/set shots, from what I saw on DM Videos it wasn't there (fingers crossed)
The GPS lock is fast (a minute or less)
Controller and Mini 3 Pro stay connected together while out flying, absolutely no disconnections.

I'll be a happy camper if all that turns out to be true :)

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I ordered the mini 3 with standard controller. I have an older iphone I use just for the mini 2, so happy enough with the normal controller and the higher price is a bit too steep for me.

I now need to sell an Air Fly More that's just sat on a shelf and a Mini 2 (once I've settled into the mini 3). Which hopefully will cover the cost.

Was originally planning to try and offload the mini 2 before the 3 came out, to avoid a price drop. But when I heard the price suggestions of the mini 3, that didn't seem as likely. Guessing the mini 2 will keep it's value second hand for a while now. Hope so anyway.

Yes, I am referring to the the lights. Didn’t know name. Must be included since it’s also present on the video below.

I haven’t followed the drone works like I have cameras, computers and phones. This is new to me so I missed the hype of prior releases. That said, this device checks off all the boxes for me. Happy I ordered one. I’m sure the bigger, badder drones are better in many ways, but this looks like a winner to me as it exceeds my needs at a moderate price.

Amazon US has it with the RC-N1 for a 6/29 ship date at $759.

Best Buy US has it with the DJI RC for $909, with the following statement: FREE Shipping: Order now and we'll notify you when it will be ready to ship after a Release Day is announced

B&H has it with the DJI RC for $909, expected availability 6/30
B&H has it with the DJI RC-N1 for $759, expected availability 6/30
B&H has it with no RC for $669, expected availability 6/30
Be sure to read the fine print (or better yet call and talk to someone) about BH return policy for DJI products. It's not Fast and Easy necessarily. I went through some extra work trying to get an Air 2S returned under their 14 day easy return policy.

I’m sure the bigger, badder drones are better in many ways, but this looks like a winner to me as it exceeds my needs at a moderate price.
Well, certainly to some extent. BUT, 1st it's amazing what DJI now delivers lighter than 250 g and to what use is the best drone if regulations only allow it in the most interesting or most remote places you can hardly visit?

The Mini 3 Pro is indeed a game changer as have the M2P has been ago (personally).

Seems like US customers get delivery dates, not seeing this for my order on the European side ... (says ready to dispatch without any further date).

Last edited:
Well, certainly to some extent. BUT, 1st it's amazing what DJI now delivers lighter than 250 g and to what use is the best drone if regulations only allow it the most interesting or most remote places you can hardly visit?

The Mini 3 Pro is indeed a game changer as have the M2P has been ago (personally).

Seems like US customers get delivery dates, not seeing this for my order on the European side ... (says ready to dispatch without any further date).
Well said. In the camera world, it is said the best camera is the one in your hands. Top notch Equipment helps, but its no good if you can’t access it.

Ive just watched a couple of Mini 3 Pro videos, i.e. Iphonedo and ijustine

Both videos state the batteries in the Fly More Kit are the heavier longer flight time batteries (x2)

Which means we only have x1 battery to stay under the 250 grams, is this correct?

Or is that just America and not UK?

Ive just watched a couple of Mini 3 Pro videos, i.e. Iphonedo and ijustine

Both videos state the batteries in the Fly More Kit are the heavier longer flight time batteries (x2)

Which means we only have x1 battery to stay under the 250 grams, is this correct?

Or is that just America and not UK?
It looks like there are two Fly More kits, one of which is labelled Fly More Plus. This kit has the heavier battery whereas the standard kit has a normal battery.

Which begs the question, does the extended battery make the airship exceed 250 gm?

To an earlier question I raised earlier -- another reviewer says that the lights on the front are status lights. Are they adequate for low-light flight? Low-light navigational lights need visibility for (I can't recall) X miles. Are these adequate?

Reactions: Torque
It looks like there are two Fly More kits, one of which is labelled Fly More Plus. This kit has the heavier battery whereas the standard kit has a normal battery.

Which begs the question, does the extended battery make the airship exceed 250 gm?

To an earlier question I raised earlier -- another reviewer says that the lights on the front are status lights. Are they adequate for low-light flight? Low-light navigational lights need visibility for (I can't recall) X miles. Are these adequate?

1 - Yes, the extended battery makes it exceed 250g which is why they offer both.
2 - Unless DJI did something totally different (and from the videos it seems not) the DJI status lights are not usable as anti-collision lights for night flights in the US.

1 - Yes, the extended battery makes it exceed 250g which is why they offer both.
2 - Unless DJI did something totally different (and from the videos it seems not) the DJI status lights are not usable as anti-collision lights for night flights in the US.
Thank-you. That's the answer I was looking for!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones